+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It all started on the net...

Talking It all started on the net...

Amazing how well the internet works. My current boyfriend and I met on the internet while I was busy redoing my buddy list. I was looking in the member directory for my friends from school so I could add them, when I came across this guy who lived in the same area, and was a year older. I emailed him and asked him where he went to school and such, and it turns out he had just moved to our town. He went to a Catholic school, and we chatted online and on the phone for a while. I was 15 when we met. We decided to meet at a local Taco Bell, and we hit it off from there. I was very skittish about getting into a relationship with all the bad apples I was used to, but He stayed my friend, and listened to everything I said, and helped me out through the tough times. Since we lived only about 5 miles from each other, we visited all the time.
    He came over one evening and helped me paint my bedroom. It was kind of awkward and there was a lot of flirting and paint throwing. That night before he left we had kissed. It was even more awkward because I am his first kiss, first attempt at flirting and liking someone, and he was even more shy than I was. After that we were together all the time. There was about a month when we lost touch because of school, and being busy, but he still found time to bring me a birthday card, and stuff.
    Like I said before, I was scared about getting into another relationship, but he decided he was going to go after me anyway, and promised me he was different than most guys, and I was just thinking...and I have heard this how many times?? Anyway, he talked me into giving him a chance and I am now 17 and he is 18, and we have been strong ever since. He is like my other half, and now I am almost heartbroken because he is leaving for college, and I will only be a mere senior. I know he will keep his promises to me, and it is going to be hard, because we are so used to seeing each other every day. He is the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me, and I don't think I could live without him. I may still be very young, but I am very young and very much in love with this man. I have been with the wrong guys, and the nice guys, but were all wrong for me until I found him. He who helped me, and gave me a reason to trust again. A reason, to give my heart away. I believe we have a perfect relationship, and I would not change anything.

I know this seems kinda...not real, but believe me..it is...and if anyone has had similar experiences, I would LOVE to hear about them.

You're only as young or old as you perceive yourself to be. Best of luck with him in the future.

thats sweet!

Thanks guys..The days are drawing closer..he is leaving the 19th, but he is coming to visit me often, and I get almost another week with him...

Me and my husband met on the internet 5 years ago...he was in america and i was in england. We spent the first year talking online and spent hours and hours talking on the phone and then he decided to buy a plane ticket and come see me in england. I still remember the first time i saw him walking through the gates with a big smile on his face. He spent a month with me and my family and we knew we were in love. My folks loved him to bits and when he flew home i felt empty. I flew over a few months later for 3 months..hes in the army so i was living on the army base..when he asked me to marry him the day before i was leaving. He was being sent to korea for 2 years so i packed my stuff in england and flew over to be with him and we have been together ever since. We are now married and have 2 beautiful children. Just goes to show that love can be in the strangest places..mine just seemed to be 3000 miles away lol but it was all because of a pc..weird huh?

Me 'n' my boyfriend met on the internet. I was at school the day before the end of term and I was sittin' next to a friend who's in my house too. We were both on our msns and I got bored because no one was online. So I asked Sash if I could add someone from her contact list to talk to. She said okie and I randomly chose someone and it turned out to be Tom. We startin' chattin' near end of March last year and he asked me out on July. I was in Thailand then because it was the summer holidays and he was at home. We chatted, texted, called each other nearly everyday. Came back to school in September. Somehow we never got the chance to see each other until November! So we first met in Bluewater [I was in a School trip]. Just for a day. It wasn't much. But it meant a lot. When I first saw him it was like love at first sight. After that, we both tried to see each other as much as we can. Considering the fact that I have to go home when the holidays starts 'n' with my school bein' so strict. It made it much harder but we're stilll strong. [Sigh] I miss him so much. It's the summer holidays again and this time, I'm not gonna wait until November again...