+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think he likes me but he has a girlfriend..

I think he likes me but he has a girlfriend..

I have known this guy for over a year and only recently found out from his brother that he has a girlfriend. He never tells anyone about his girlfriend because his parents want him to settle down and if he told them then they would have made him get married to the girl by now (being Indians).

So he has kept it a secret and therefore, I never thought he actually had a girlfriend. I even asked him if he had one and he always said he didn't. When we met, he was the one who flirted with me and after that I added him online, now he never asked for my number but he would always make an effort to stay in touch with me and he flirted with me a lot. He once left his friends to hang out with me at a party and we tend to hang out with each other when we are at parties. He would always flirt with me, call me beautiful whenever possible. Once he was saying " I think your understanding, nice, well taught, and beautiful'' and I was of course absolutely flattered. He always remembers things I said and he did actually know I was interested in him but I was always less flirty with him and I never wrote to him myself, I would just reply to his msgs.

We once bumped into each other at an Indian party and he was slightly drunk; towards the end of the party we were just talking to each other before I was leaving, but then he grabbed me and gave a kiss on my cheek in front of my brother. I'm surprised my brother didn't react but I got angry since people easily make rumours and I was scared someone would say something about me. So the next week we met at a friend's birthday and I confronted him about it, he claimed to ''not remember'' it and I have to say even I'm not sure if he did or not but it barely matters.

So he said he wanted to make it up to me and I said his apology was enough for me but he insisted on going for dinner with me and my brother so I said ok fine. Then, he knew my brother was out of town but he still asked me to meet up except even I was going out of town so I couldn't make it. Then I tried to take the initiative myself when I got back and he didn't get back to me and we haven't been in touch since. We did see each other at a lunch but I was polite and avoided him the rest of the time.

Then last weekend, I saw his brother who is bestfriends with my brother and he said he heard that me and his brother were in touch quite a bit. I said not that much but then I asked my brother what he told the guy and he said he just told him what was actually true, that his brother makes an effort to keep contact with me and of course his friend thought it was weird so he said " I don't get why he's doing this, he has a girlfriend for the past 1,5 years". I was absolutely shocked!!

Now I'm confused. I don't easily fall for guys and don't really date at all. I fell absolutely in love with this guy. I never thought I would meet a guy who exactly what I imagine the guy of my dreams to be. He's got everything I look for in a guy and I doubt I would find something like that again. He once asked a common friend about me (this guy used to like me) so I wasn't sure I could believe everything he said but he told me that he asked how I was doing and that he hadn't seen me in a long time (it had only been 3 weeks) and that he said " She's a nice girl and I like talking to her but we're just friends".

I think he wants to marry the girl since hes willing to settle down in a year or two and I wish I could do something about it; he has always been loyal to her. I don't know how to get over him because I definitely don't believe in going for a guy who is already taken. I also dont understand why he would show so much interest in me when he already has someone?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LB85 View Post
    I think he wants to marry the girl since hes willing to settle down in a year or two he has always been loyal to her.

Umm, no he hasn't. Not even close.

well maybe she knows about me etc...I have no idea! I just dont get him...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LB85 View Post
    well maybe she knows about me etc...I have no idea! I just dont get him...
    You're a fool- you almost deserve to be played! I mean seriously. He's a real catch don't ya think? He's got a long time gf, and he's leading a little miss naieve on.

I'm sure there's a nicer way of saying that, girl68...

OP, he's probably using you for either ego boost or as an "in case of emergency" type girl. I'd advise moving on and finding a nice, single, guy.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    I'm sure there's a nicer way of saying that, girl68...

OP, he's probably using you for either ego boost or as an "in case of emergency" type girl. I'd advise moving on and finding a nice, single, guy.
    Perhaps you are right. However, she doesn't seem to get it. She has another post asking the exact same thing. She's been told pretty much to leave the loser alone- and she still "doesn't get it".