+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Fashion Identity

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

No Fashion Identity

As I've been buying new clothes to replace the old ones, I feel like I'm at a loss.

I used to be a skinhead, but I've grown out of that fashion for the most part and dress more conservatively. At the same time, I feel like I've grown kinda bored of my "style" or lack thereof.

I've always been very practical and utilitarian. But now I'm tired of wearing the same clothes I wear to work, out and about. I don't have any "nice", "casual" clothes.

Anytime I see designer jeans though, that are pre-faded, or pre-ripped, or fade at the bottom or some shit, I cringe. I hate that fake shit. I'm kind of at a loss.

This is why I have female friends do the clothing selection for me... so I may avoid such headaches.

You should let me shop for you.
    You reallllllllllly should. I'm good at it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love buying men's clothing.

Me too! But I hate buying Men's clothes for Women.
    I have a Lesbian friend and I refuse to go shopping for her.
    Ugh.

i prefer men that are able to dress themselves and be able to choose something cool. anyway fras whatever you wear you'll still be hot
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Ooo! How do you know he's hot?
    How come I don't know that he's hot?
    Frasbee are you hot?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Ooo! How do you know he's hot?
    How come I don't know that he's hot?
    Frasbee are you hot?
    Not to discredit myself or anything, but I believe Eco is a bit biased because she has a thing for asian guys.

I would also like to mention that it's not that I don't know how to dress myself, it's I don't know what to dress my with when I get off of work.

Flip through some magazines. They will give you some fashion ideas.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't let girls pick out my clothes. If I did I'd be wearing a bunch of knit sweaters and shit.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I don't let girls pick out my clothes. If I did I'd be wearing a bunch of knit sweaters and shit.
    Silly! Women like to touch knits... think of all the touching you are missing!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Silly! Women like to touch knits... think of all the touching you are missing!
    Last I checked they don't sell knit speedos.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

knit sweaters look hot on guys.

i think you should go to a clothing store. fill up a basket with all kinds of clothes, even if you have luke warm feelings for them, and try them all on.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Nothing wrong with flat out refusing their suggestions. They'll just move on to something else that you can either accept or reject.

I don't particularly care for knit sweaters on a man... little too metrosexual for my tastes.

I try to wear pants other than jeans. I hate jean fashion. I don't want to wear ripped and faded jeans. I don't like fake stretchy spandex jeans either. I wear things like corduroy and slacks. I have a few carpenter pants as well, I just don't like the cargo pants. I don't like the pockets everywhere thing. I do look hard to find pants that fit nicely though. Sometimes that can be challenging, if you refuse to buy a pair of pants for no more than $40.

Shirts - I tend to wear tan colored shirts, or earthy colors. I avoid logos or anything. Again, the fitting is another issue at hand. Sometimes I have to fork out $15 for a nicely fitting t-shirt. I also like the longjohn tops. I wear those sometimes. Another thing I like are those short-sleeve button-ups with stripes and plaid designs. I usually pay about $20-30 for a nice one. I usually buy blue buttonups because I look ****ing awesome in blue. Another thing I like are nice zip hoodies. I usually wear them when I don't feel like dressing up properly. Again, with those I avoid the designer bullshit.

My girlfriend bought me a nice leather jacket. I picked it out though. Everybody on campus thinks it's the shit. I get compliments every time I wear it from people I don't know.

I usually wear brown/black shoes. I've been wearing the really thin kind like slippers lately. I bought a nice pair for $25. I also wear boots. I wear combat boots occasionally as well, but I don't usually scarf my pants up around them.

I don't mean to toot my horn, but that's just to give you an idea of what you can do.

Haha, oh btw, you can't be as bad as my earth science professor - he wore a fleece with a collage pictures of lions on it yesterday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast