+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused...am I his girlfriend?

I'm confused...am I his girlfriend?

I've been talking and seeing this guy for about 2 months now. He had been acting very weird for the past week, and has been very late for dates this past week.

Tonight we couldn't meet out so we arranged to talk online for the evening. He was 2 hours late but in a very good mood. He said "i'm two hours late and you are gone, i'm such a fail."

Tonight he told me I have mannerisms and traits like his ex-girlfriend. He said, " I think your gonna treat me like she treated me and we will all be upset
    and its all going to go to hell." I think asked him some very direct questions. He said he is over her. I told him I'm not her. That if he can't handle who I am, that we shouldn't go any further. He said he can accept me for who I am. He told me he felt better after telling me and abruptly said he needed to go after that.

My friends tell me he has fallen for me, he is scared of being hurt, and that I should give this relationship a chance.

We may see other and talk everyday, but he has never called me his girlfriend.

How should I approach this? Why did he end the conversation so fast? Do we even have a chance? I am so confused. This guy is so shy and reserved, that I know it took a lot for him to tell me this. He also said don't make me regret telling you.

What do I do? We are supposed to meet tomorrow afternoon and I don't know how to act now. I am afraid I will act like his ex-gf and doing something wrong.

Personally, I'd be wondering why the hell he was 2 hours late, but that's just me.

Just as an idea, maybe you could try and make the first step? I've seen a few people that I know that have made the first step (I used to believe that the guy had to make the first move, but I guess not nowdays), and then you can see how he reacts. From there, you can decide how you take it.

Wishing you the best of luck,

-Wired
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

This guy needs to grow up. If he can't deal with his emotions then he probably can't handle being in a relationship with you.

But being 2 hours late doesn't say that he has feelings for you.

Regardless of what his feeling are, he's not treating you right. Pulling that emotional blackmail shit with the "you're going to be upset- just like my ex...waa, waa, waa" was disgusting. Anyone would be upset if their date was two hours late.

You deserve what you settle for. Draw some lines.
    Spammer Spanker

2 hours late for a date!?!? oh fuk no.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'm gonna see....

This is the final straw with me. Today I am gonna make the first move, see how it goes. I am not gonna put it with the uncertainty bs.

He is late for school and everything else too. He has no time management skills period.

that's a red flag.

it's not a time management problem, it's a 'respect and concern for the time of others' problem.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'm not making excuses for him at all. He has had the flu and hasn't felt good since then. That is when the lateness started before that he was really pretty punctual.

I really don't think he knows what he wants. Today he either provides an answer or we are through. Why waste my time with a chump, when a better man could be out there.
    Last edited by cluelesschick; 07-10-09 at 02:52 AM.

It sounds like, he doesn't respect you
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

He didn't respect me. He really didn't care either. He said he did and still does. But he suffocated me and I wasn't happy with him. I'm so used to seeing him, that I miss the company but not him.

Anyway, it's over. I've cried about it, but I'll get over it.