Hi,

Several months ago I have been posting on this forum about my relationship. I went through some hard times there, but lately things have starting to live up, and improve.

I will sketch shortly my situation: I moved to Poland, from Belgium in June last year, to live with my girlfriend. Our relationship hasn't been easy at all, but I've persisted, and am now seeing better times.

However, here comes a new moral dilemma. I am starting to get doubts about what to do in the future. Currently I'm working in a function somewhat under my qualifications, at a wage which would be 2.5 times or something higher in Belgium. You can guess the lack of joy this gives me. I want to make somewhat of a career, and make something of it, and possibly on the way earn a nice salary to make life easier and more comfortable. I'm not only caring about money, but I would be lying if I said I only need love.

So I'm currently working at the Polish daughter of a large Belgian financial company. I met some fellow Belgians here, and I could easily get a job at the Head company in Belgium, were I to move back to Belgium. In general finding a job there would be not so hard for me. Here in Poland the situation is less interesting, as my request for financial improvements was rejected due to the infamous 'crisis', leaving me little opportunity and motivation.

My girlfriend recently dropped a few times the possibility of moving to Belgium, but I'm not sure if she would actually want that. She is in her final year at university, and her dream is to become a teacher. This is just what would make me feel somewhat guilty, if we would move to Belgium. Sure, she could teach there as well, probably would have to learn Dutch, but earn 5 times as much (teachers are paid like shit here).

So many things to consider, but I'm rather sure I don't want to spend my life here, at least not right now.

So the question is what to do now? For sure she has to finish her school, she's an excellent student. Then we have to talk about the future. I'm afraid of it, cos what should I do if she doesn't feel like moving?