+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Biggest Fear - Approaching/Talking to Women I'm Attracted To

My Biggest Fear - Approaching/Talking to Women I'm Attracted To

So as the title says, my biggest fear is approaching and talking to women I'm attracted to. I'm 27, 5'10, 250 or 251 lbs, I forget which when I last went to the doctor a month ago.

Anyways, is there any way to get over said fear other than trial by fire/trial and error? You'd think with today's technology there'd be some sort of medication or something for this.

And somewhat different subject, do women even approach men they're attracted to/interested in? Seems to me like men have to do all of the work initially which isn't right.

Why aren't you confident? Your appearance, your personality? What's keeping you from talking to someone that you find interesting and appealing? You don't have to ask someone out on a date the first time you talk to them.

My appearance plus my experience from prior occurrences. That is, a virtual cornucopia of rejection.

Start eating right, get in the gym, work on your appearance and self esteem. You have to feel good about yourself to attract someone that you find interesting. When you meet someone new, before a word comes out of your mouth, they've already got a first impression of you physically. Sometimes women are forward/aggressive, but usually they flirt, give subtle hints, make eye contact...it's the way we're hardwired.

Take one step at a time, but sounds like you need to work on yourself first.

Yeah "eating right" is not something that I'm going to be doing anytime soon. I eat what tastes good. And I've lost 9 lbs in the past 3 months without doing anything different. I cook for myself a lot. As for exercise, or gym or whatever, not my cup of tea. It's boring as hell, plus I'm too self-conscious to exercise in public.

Maybe you should look into internet dating where you can just answer emails, share a picture and build up the rapport to meet someone for a cup of coffee or something. Good luck.

I've done that several times. Met a few people but nothing panned out.