+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cheating girlfriend should I stay or should I go?

Cheating girlfriend should I stay or should I go?

Hello, thanks for reading my thread. I was hoping to get some mature opinions/advice on this topic. My girlfriend and I have been together for 5 years as of this month. A little over a year ago we started having some relationship issues that lead to me moving out on her command. Ever since I moved out we have still been seeing each other fairly regularly, still making love, still spending the night together, kissing on arrival or departure, and still saying I love you to each other. About 2 months ago, she decided that she wanted to break it off once and for all an remain friends. This made me highly suspicious due to the fact that I had been hearing a bunch of rumors of her sleeping with other people. I let it go , accepted the fate. I still love her more than anything in the world. So recently we went out on a date together to try and see if we could work things out, which is all I ever wanted. She finally started to open up and tell me that she did in fact sleep with someone. She then continued to lie about the details and said it was only this one guy once. She has since added on that there were two more guys she had sex with and keeps lying about the details. I have heard further rumors that it was even more than what she is telling me, and she continues to stick with the same story even though I am 99% sure she is lying with the info I have. So fast forward a week. I have agreed to move past all the BS and actually give it another go fixing things in our "relationship" and move forward with her. I was very clear with her that if it was going to happen, she would need to give it her 100% effort or to not waste my time. Here is the BIG issue. She claims she wants to give it another honest go, but on Halloween there is a big party at this bar she likes to frequent. The kicker is that the party is organized by one of the guys she slept with several times. Not only that but the two other confirmed guys she slept with will also be there. I am sure but can't 100% prove, that there will be other guys she slept with there as well. I don't want her to go to this party, and I don't feel that it is appropriate. She is adamant about attending, and her reasoning is to hang out with her "other" friends. The thing that makes me so uncomfortable is that her excuse for sleeping with all these guys in town is being "really drunk". I told her that if she goes to this party I will never talk to her again, and she is still planning on going and says that she shouldn't be forced not to hang out with her friends. I understand she will hang out with her friends, but with all this being so fresh and with the people who will be at the party, I don't feel it is right. My questions and the bottom line:

1. Am I wrong for asking her not to go to this party?
    2. Am I foolish for trying to work things out with this woman?
    3. What would YOU do?

Thanks for reading I am really hoping to get some help and insight on this situation!

1. No, she should be trying to build back the trust, if she was really giving it an 'honest' go she could miss out on one night.

2. she sounds like a slut (no offence to you)...so yes, your crazy and a fool....

3. take a wild guess

you could do better, you know that, so stop wasting time on her, and go and get someone who isn't going to put your relationship on the line for the sake of a party and a few laughs .....best wishes

omg are you crazy? you need to let this girl go. she wants to mess around and be a whore. you're just standing right in the way.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

1. Am I wrong for asking her not to go to this party? yes. you cannot control a person.

2. Am I foolish for trying to work things out with this woman? yes.

3. What would YOU do? i would throw her ass out to the curb.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Let her go, you know it's the right thing to do.

The girl's a slut

And she wants to be a slut. And she likes being a slut. And she'll always be a slut. And if you hang onto her as her fall-back boy, she will be a slut with your help. And she will be a slut through any relationship you have with her. And she will be a slut long after she finally throws you out of her life because she's tired of you mooning over her and getting in the way of her slutting.

Do you see the pattern I'm trying to show you here?

If not, I'll just give you the short answer: dump the whore!
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Let Little Miss Roundheels go off on her merry way and save your love for someone deserving.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1. Am I wrong for asking her not to go to this party? nope
    2. Am I foolish for trying to work things out with this woman? YES
    3. What would YOU do? I would never speak to her again after she attends the party.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamAZ View Post
    1. Am I wrong for asking her not to go to this party?
    2. Am I foolish for trying to work things out with this woman?
    3. What would YOU do?

1. No, not if you're trying to repair your relationship. Her insistence on attending this party tells me she has little regard for sleeping around and little respect for you, nor any real desire to fully work this out. I don't know how she could want to be in a room with three+ guys that she had drunken sex with and not be completely mortified.

2. I think you are. She does seem HALF as interested in this relationship as you do.

3. What would I do? Kick her skanky selfish ass out the door and find someone that deserves my attention. She's a waste of time.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

let go of the SLUT.

1. No not at all.She has led you to be nothing but insecure about your relationship.If she genuinely wanted to make it work with you,she wouldnt go

2.Easy for me to say,but yes

3.I know how tough this is and its so easy for me to say.But let her go,she doesnt deserve you

Well, look on the bright side William. If she goes and has sex again while drunk you can always forgive her and give her another honest go.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I appreciate all the responses. I guess I just needed confirmation. I guess I am a glutton for punishment...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't have to be.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi