+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When the ex texts...

When the ex texts...

A brief summary.My ex dumped me 2 weeks ago.Is all my fault,i made some bad mistakes.I dont blame her at all for finishing it.I never deserved her

Ive had 2 weeks to think of where ive gone wrong,and as importantly WHY.Im truly humbled and shamed by my behavior.Id like to think given another chance i could make her happy.Guess we all think that eh?

We havent contacted each other for a week.I knew i had to let her move on,and me to start trying to move on.Out of the blue a few minutes ago i got a text from her saying "hi ya.How u doing?"

So my question is-how to respond.Dont worry,i know the basics-dont tell her i feel wretched and dreadful.The main thing i want to do is say sorry to her.Should i put that?

Or just keep it light and tell her a couple of incidents in the past week she would be interested in(ie i had a job interview)

Any advice appreciated.Thanks

2 weeks is more of a break than a breakup, she probably needed some space. Go talk to her, but keep an even keel.

And don't text her that you're sorry, tell her you are.

I don't know where your head is at, but don't read into it too much.

My ex texted me a week or two after the breakup "Hi. How are you?" and that's all she wanted. Why? I don't know. But nothing came of it and I fell in thinking it was a sign she was ready to talk and hopefully get back together.

I'd wait a little while and respond just answering her question. Ask her how she's doing too and let her do the work. Don't act TOO interested.

The same thing happened to me. My conclusion from dealing with crap like this on more than one occasion is that girls feed off of your pain. They want you to cry over them to boost their ego. They won't admit that, but they do. My advice, don't respond for a long time. Then see what happens. Its hard, but what if you beg to get back with her and she refuses? Then you'll have to walk away with your tail between your legs. Walk away and chill for awhile....and never show your pain to her.

Thanks all. I texted back after a few hours,keeping it light and asking how she was.Was never going to beg her to take me back-if nothing else pride stops you doing that.Of course you get your hopes up,and if all it was was just to see how i was getting on,so be it

To cut it short,weve met,weve talked for hours,going over where we went wrong and what(if anything) we can do to get back the positives

Its early days,and of course im wary,but i think there may be some hope here,which i cant say i ever expected

And thanks again all

It sounds really positive that you could keep it friendly, fun and talk about what went wrong.

I hope it works out if that's what you want, Rob. Good luck.

Its what i want more than anything in the world jackyd232

Cheers mate

Good to hear Rob