+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Romantic or Scary? Advice Please

Romantic or Scary? Advice Please

6 Years ago I met this great girl.... we liked each other but circumstances got in the way - there was nothing me or her could do. I was a bit hurt and we stopped talking. 3 years later she saw me out with another girl and got in touch.... her response was initially that of jealousy and like I was a missed chance for her. We discussed meeting again but everything was awkward and we had a misunderstanding and stopped talking again. I thought that was it for me and her and shut her out even though I know she didn't want to stop talking.

After all that time I realised that I had missed her... but I guess I that I have hurt her with the silence now. I contacted her again and she would talk to me but she kept hinting at how great her life was now almost as if to hurt me.
    She has let me go in her mind, I know that for sure.

I then saw her on a dating site a friend introduced me to, it says she is still looking for her Prince Charming! I know she is single and I feel that I am that person....

She is the only girl that has felt different/special to me, I must fight for her till I know she is totally gone.

I am contacting her to ask for a fresh start but I doubt it will be enough, I want to do something that will set me aside from any other man and to show that I am serious and that so she would never forget me even if it is too late now.

I thought about sending flowers, not just one bunch but a ton of them.... all different ones because not many men would go that far, my only concern is if this actually frightened her? I know she is kinda romantic deep down, can anyone tell me if they would find this sweet or it would it make her give it that one last shot? If there is something better, please recommend it. When you feel this way you have to fight till it's 100% over.

Anyone agree?

Advice would be well appreciated.

Sending flowers seems good at first thought, but after 6 years? I think that would come off as really creepy even though you mean the best.

I think a better option is asking her out to lunch or something so you can talk. Be straight forward, but not pushy or prying.

I agree with Jacky, just try to open a line of communication and see what develops. It's back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    I agree with Jacky, just try to open a line of communication and see what develops. It's back to square one.
    Thanks for your help.

I sent her a note on the site, email read.. checked my profile out and nothing deleted so that is good at least and ball is in her court. I left my number and asked for a fresh start, not really pushy about it and I tried to be laid back etc.

If there are any ways in which you know I could follow this up... girls like confident, funny, cheeky etc and I am usually all three just not around this girl.

thanks