+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Never said he loves me

Never said he loves me

Hey,

Have known my on/off boyfriend for 8 years as we where mates previous to dating. I'm quite insecure because in all this time he has never ever told me he loves me just that i'm special (hence the reason for the on/off status). I know he has been hurt by his 1st girlfriend (she cheated) but how can he be soo emotional detached or am i just been petty?? I love him and have told him, but find he's not very good at displaying emotions. Am i stupid to stick around - i feel like i'm on a string .

Hi Saint, sorry to hear your in this situation. Maybe he only thinks of you as a good friend. I think you should have "the talk" with him so you can tell him how you feel and to see where you guys stand so you can proceed from there. It's not fair for you to be strung along while your limiting yourself to other opportunities that you might have outside. At least you'll have the peace in mind knowing what he really wants. His past relationship could have an impact on him but you said its been 8 years i think things shouldv'e been alot better by now.

Quote Originally Posted by jlm2513 View Post
    Hi Saint, sorry to hear your in this situation. Maybe he only thinks of you as a good friend. I think you should have "the talk" with him so you can tell him how you feel and to see where you guys stand so you can proceed from there. It's not fair for you to be strung along while your limiting yourself to other opportunities that you might have outside. At least you'll have the peace in mind knowing what he really wants. His past relationship could have an impact on him but you said its been 8 years i think things shouldv'e been alot better by now.
    ^^^
    agreed

if you really love him and are trying to create something with him, it really isnt fair that its been 8 years now. you should have "the talk" and just tell em its unfair for you to hold out for him if you both want different things.

does he act/treat you like he loves you, or is it the lack of words bothering you?

even if he has trouble saying the owrds, he should still be showing you how much he cares through action...