+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does it sound like I have a chance here?

Does it sound like I have a chance here?

Don't know exactly where to begin. This girl and I have had several encounters because she is one of my sisters good friends. I don't believe in love at first sight, but when I see her it feels pretty close. The gist of the situation started a few months ago, around the beginning of summer. My mom was away so my sister and I had a house party. We both had some friends over and this girl let say her name is Ashley was one of them.
    I had seen her plenty of times before this night but had never spoke to her. Well I made the effort and started a small conversation with her nothing much, just small talk. Well anyway, she had to leave after a little while and I never got a chance to ask her for her number. So I asked my sister to text her to see if it was ok if she gave me her number. She said she thought I was cute and said it was fine for my sister to give me her number.
    Well I texted her a few days later, asked her how her week had been and such, I then proceeded to ask her if she wanted to catch a movie or grab somthing to eat sometime. She basically came back with " umm I don't really know you that well", I proceeded to freak and didn't text her back.

Well fast forward to last weekend. My sister and I were home for college for fall break. My mom was gone again so we had another party. My sister, knowing I liked Ashley, invited her over. She showed up and we talked quite a bit more than the last time, played a few games of beer pong and such together, during which time I was standing behind her with my hands around her waist and my head on her shoulder. I didn't really try to kiss her or anything because I couldn't really gauge my chances for success and I didn't really want to be too forward anyway.
    I guess long story short. I like this girl a lot, she lives a few hours away at college but its the same school my sister goes to so it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me to go see her if we did start somthing. She didn't really shy away from my signs of affection this past weekend, but I didn't really try too much. I know she already thinks I'm cute, but I just don't know, I'm so afraid if I try that I might screw this up, this girl is seriously a 10/10 to me.

Any thoughts on the previous paragraphs, do you think I might have a chance with this girl?

Quote Originally Posted by fhbob View Post
    during which time I was standing behind her with my hands around her waist and my head on her shoulder.
    If she's letting you get that close to her physically, she's interested (or thinks you're gay). I'm pretty sure its not the latter. Make a move already. You drag this out much longer you're going to squander every opportunity you have.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

I'd say you have a chance, better take it.