+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do looks REALLY matter?

Do looks REALLY matter?

I hear a lot of people say that they go for personality more than looks but, is it though? Because apparently, we talk more to those that appear more attractive to us and because we do that, then we get to know them and know their personalitly so do looks come first?
    For example, guys which girl do you think you would prefer out of these?:

Girl A: Long blonde hair, soft brown eyes, tanned, white teeth, overweight, eczema and say she had a little bit of acne but was someone who was bubbly, chatty, fun and also rude, inconsiderate, selfish and bitchy.

Or

Girl B: Long, curly brown hair, sparkling blue eyes, white teeth, pale, slim but i dunno, say she had dry skin and a wart on her head or something but was friendly, chatty, funny, unique, fun and nice but also sometimes selfish and inconsiderate and rude.

Or for the girls, which guy would you prefer:

Guy A: Muscular, pale, a bit hairy, dark hair, short, dark eyes, friendly, sociable, fun, funny, outgoing but arrogant and rude and selfish at times.

Or

Guy B: A bit on the puny side, tanned, blond hair, blue eyes, sociable but mostly quiet, friendly, caring, a tad dull, sometimes selfish and hmm say he was also a bit clingy.

If you had to select, which one would you find more attractive and why?
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

I'd buy a vibrator.
    Spammer Spanker

There's no point answering the hypothetical, you're asking us to imagine a character and then rate its attractiveness, you'd get a clearer answer if you posted pictures, but even then thats hardly that scientific.

To answer the original thread title: looks do matter. There are a lot of psychological studies on facial symmetry and correlation between looks and pair bonds. We are hardwired to try to find the most attractive mate, since attractive offspring are more likely to reproduce and keep the trait in existence.

However, humans are complex social organisms. Just because we have evolutionary instincts doesn't mean they always come first. You can overcome looks, you can be attractive to someone for reasons other than your appearance.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Both girls are selfish, inconsiderate and rude? I wouldn't date either of them.

In answer to your core question, looks are important but you can't coast on them forever. No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere, is tired of her shit.

Frankly, I prefer the 4's to 7's since they tend to have good personalities and are generally less self-absorbed than the 8 to 10's while also knowing how to take care of themselves better than the 1's to 4's. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you hotties all have amazing personalities because your guy friends say you do; obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

Personality goes a long way but it's rare that I've found a woman that takes care of herself to be too unattractive for me to date (at least once).

Looks matter to girls more now than they did in the past and what is good looking is governed by fashion.

Little puny annoying men are actually in fashion at the moment so all you need to do is talk about global warming and wear crap clothes and you should get some silly politics student.

I agree that looks do not make up for a bitch woman for a long term relationship but having sex doesn't take that long so looks matter heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    ... having sex doesn't take that long...
    Another clue...

George, maybe if you weren't banging hookers, you'd learn that it's supposed to take longer than four minutes.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Looks matter always.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Another clue...

George, maybe if you weren't banging hookers, you'd learn that it's supposed to take longer than four minutes.
    Hookers are sometimes good, even if it lasts only four minutes because they do not answer back and they do as they are told.

I'd rather have a woman I did not have to pay and would be useful for things other than sex but that is not the way my life is so we must always look at the positives.

when u approach someone, u approach them because u think they are attractive...u dont know how their personality is yet until u start talking to them and perhaps, go out on a date so YES, looks matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    Frankly, I prefer the 4's to 7's since they tend to have good personalities and are generally less self-absorbed than the 8 to 10's while also knowing how to take care of themselves better than the 1's to 4's. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you hotties all have amazing personalities because your guy friends say you do; obviously don't know what I'm talking about.
    I'm not a bitch or anything (although I won't admit I'm a saint) but I am in the 1's to 4's range (a bit below your expectations) in the looks department. I am surrounded by girls who are in the 8 to 10s range who also has a good personality. Is there a way for me to trick a guy into liking me?

Post up a pic and tell us some info about u...then we can help lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

I'm horrifically ugly. Posting a picture up will be social suicide.

^ lol yea rite...come onnnnnnn haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lozenger, in the real world our eyes take in the first bit of information about someone and we instantly determine if they're physically attractive to us or not.

Does it increase the possibility of interaction? Of course. But living life in general we're surrounded by all types of men and women, all with the opportunity to show us or us to show them how our personality can more than make up for someone who may be by definition more physically attractive.

Looks are and always will be a portion of what makes up who we choose to be with. But nothing more than that, just a portion.

attraction is important initially, but when an attractive person doesn't have the intelect to match, how attractive they are doesn't seem to matter to me.....I think both are important for a long term relationship....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast