+ Follow This Topic

Thread: tired of waiting :(

tired of waiting :(

well, i may sound pathetic here, but i actually having depression already for not having a serious relationship for 4 years already.

it's like, how long should i wait for mr right. I'm just 23 but I'm jealous cause almost all of my friends has serious bf, but me, I'm alone and lonely..

what should i do to overcome this depression and just be happy being single?

Well it's matter of having the right attitude. You have to realize that you will never get a bf as long as you're unhappy about being single. On the contrary, feeling content and living your life rather attract people to you and when people see that you are happy and independent and not "desperate" (I'm not saying you are desperate, but I know the feeling) it will attract them to you.

I know it is a cliché, but as long as you are looking to find that someone special, you will never find him.

I have been single for as many years as you, AND I am older than you! And I learnt to accept it.

Realize that you WILL find the perfect person to start a relationship with, but you can't force it.

Also keep yourself busy, focus on making lots of friends and having fun, also making friends will help you get in touch with new people and maybe some new guys... Find a hobby and get passionate about that instead. By working on yourself and focusing on yourself (be egoistic!) you will increase your chances of meeting someone.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

Have fun, date, meet lots of guys, enjoy being single. Odds are your friends won't be with these guys down the road anyways and get married, have family's etc. So in essence they're the one's wasting time with someone who will be gone one day and you're the one who get's to meet lots of guys to find Mr. Right.

Plus, even though they won't tell you this, probably most of your group of friends, either the girl or the guy is more than likely bored with the relationship anyways, you just don't hear about it.

I had some "serious" relationships before I was 23 and when I look back on them now, I realize what a big joke they were. You're young. Right now you should be dating casually, traveling, educating yourself and investing most of your energy and time into yourself, not some guy.

Don't try to grow up too fast. Soon enough, you'll have that serious relationship and hopefully you'll actually be ready for it. Work on getting ready.
    Spammer Spanker

thanks you guys, I'll try those pieces of advice you gave me so that i wont be waking up lonely every morning .

Having a "someone" is no guarantee that you'll never be lonely, I'm sorry to say.
    Spammer Spanker

i been single for 3 yrs and im 25 now so dont feel depressed, its gona be ok, just go out, enjoy life, have fun, make friends, etc etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

for four years, Ive been into a lot of failed relationships, it's depressing cause whenever I'm in a relationship, it would never ever work out. I don't know why.

just this july,we had a mutual understanding with my office mate, but then now, it's gone. it's like when someone comes, it's always the wrong one.

is this a curse or what?!

Well you're not alone, girl. I am also not very lucky in the relationship department, which is probably why I'm on this forum

I just realized though that you need to fill that emptiness you feel inside yourself. No guy can ever fill that void; YOU need to do it. By developing friendships and loving yourself. First step is to enjoy your singlehood, and I guarantee you, that when/if you do start enjoying your single life, Mr Right will appear.

=)

Lots of clichés there, but I believe it's the truth. I'm actually working those pieces of advice I just gave you myself.
    Last edited by ellie; 15-10-09 at 06:50 PM.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe you should lose a few pounds.... just sayin'
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Don't be so upset you are not the single one who are facing this problem i also faced that one but at last i found my soul mate.JUst wait and definitely your dreams come true.Why you are not trying some online dating sites and apply all the ideas of dating on those.There are many sites and i had tried some of them and meet with my beautiful one.I think you also need some dating advice.Just click on .ModernMan.com and your problems comes to an end.TRUST Me.

I'm so used to being single it just feels normal. I don't know what a relationship is like but I imagine it would be weird because that means someone you like must like you back. Thats never happened to me. I think it is because girls are too picky.

Before being married I was a long time single and just loved that, loved the freedom, loved just knowing people without planning to marry or having a relationship with them. Onw day you will see Mr Right or who you will think as Mr Right saying hello and you will know that, and that's the beggining of the story, not its end.

i was busy the other days that's why i was not able to have time to thank you guys for all the pieces of advice. thanks to all

charlie boy, i'm not fat or chubby or something.. hmmp..

just an update, I'm still depress, i just don't know when this will end . i saw my ex last night, he told me he misses me and all those corny stuff but i know he's just making fun of me, don't know..Whenever i cross paths with my Exes and they would tell me sweet nothing, it's like i want to shout, *Do you want to F*** with my emotions again? * why cant they see that i don't want to play games...

hmmp . Why is that the guys i attract are those guys who are not willing to take me seriously? I'm afraid to try again, I'm afraid to date again cause it might be another potential pain in the future

is this my destiny ? i know i sound so emo already here but it's been four years already that the same pattern keeps on happening. For four years my longest relationship is just 3 months despite the efforts that i've done ...

anybody here?