+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Friendship"

"Friendship"

Hi ladies,

Sorry this is such a long question. I have known this girl for about a year. I had a class with her in Fall of 2008. She found my name out through the class and even though we only talked like once in class, she found me on Facebook and added me as a friend.

A few days later I had already asked her out and we were on our first date. I am a fairly shy guy, and by the end of the date I was convinced it didn't go well, so I just said "have a good night, text me later if you want". She continued to text me and we went on another date that went almost exactly the same way. I kept asking her for a third date and she made excuse after excuse. Well time continued on, and about three months after our 2nd date she started asking me about previous relationships and how long they lasted. To shorten things up it, I figured out the reason she never went on a third date with me was because I didn't kiss her the first two dates. We ended up going on a third date, and I kissed her at the end of it, but I later talked to her and she said "I'm sorry this isn't going to work, I just don't feel anything". She posted up pictures of us on our third date on Facebook and continues to talk to me to this day. It's actually bad enough that if she texts me and I don't respond she things I'm mad and asks me why I'm mad at her. But again the important thing to remember is...we're "just friends".

My predicament is, she talks to me about how she's attracted to other guys and encourages me to date other girls and this really just pisses me off because I still really want her and she knows this. I have a hard time telling people to quit talking to me, because I do like having good friends, but I just feel like this really isn't going anywhere and honestly talking to her just makes me sad. It's just small talk, and I'm sure once either I have a girlfriend or she has a boyfriend we will probably quit talking because that would probably look fishy to the significant other. What do you girls think I should do about this? Should I continue to be "just friends" with her or do I just say "I'm sorry if you don't feel anything romantic, please quit texting me"?

Thanks for any opinions on this.

-Collin
    Last edited by CollinPage; 15-10-09 at 12:39 PM.