+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 29 Year Old Male With Questions

29 Year Old Male With Questions

Hi,

I have been dating someone for 2 years now and have questions about the relationship. I am trying to understand myself better and what I want. I am going out with someone whom I love but it is a long distance relationship and I only get to see her on weekends. I am not sure yet if I am ready to commit to her and move in with her. She has mentioned that if I am not ready it would be best for her to see other people to not waste time. How do I know if I am ready for real commitment? I am not sure if I want to live with her. Can you force it or does the feeling of knowing just naturally arise?

-William

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If you don't think you're ready, then you're NOT.

If you were TRULY ready, you wouldn't even be ASKING yourself this question.

Your girlfriend is RIGHT by saying she doesn't want to waste her time on you if you don't want to commit. It's been 2 years. So what's stopping you from COMMITTING to her, dude? Really, truly, ASK yourself that. And depending on your ANSWER, you'll KNOW whether or not you're ready.

Good luck.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with the above reply. If you have to ask yourself if you're ready to commit and really still aren't sure, the answer is NO.

My fiance knew he wanted me to marry him after 6 months, no hesitation. Granted, you only see this girl on weekends, but after two years you should have some idea of where you want this to go. If you're still afraid to commit, it seems likely you should just move on.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi