+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested?

Is she interested?

I started liking a girl at my school a while ago, after 2 years of being just friends (who didn't know each other too well, we've never hung out outisde of school). Now I'm hoping she likes me back...

I've noticed that she looks at me in a "dreamy" kind of way, smiling. That happened today as well, I was talking to some mates while in the corner of my eye I saw her with that look. I think she's sending mixed signals. I mean, she doesn't play with her hair or smth like that, she lacks many of the obvious signals. On the other hand she seems very happy when I talk to her, more so than when she's salking to others. When i try flirting with her she responds back by flirting as well. She kinda "lits up" if I walk towards her or begin talking to her. But today on Messenger we were talking about a school project, I asked her what she was writing about etc., but she seemed a bit non-interested... We talked for 2-3 mins. and she was like "i g2g" and signed off. :s

Any ideas? What are her intentions?

IM and text aren't a good conduit for emotion. Also, keep in mind there may have been something going on on the other end of that IM connection that was demanding her attention. She likes you. don't freak out of she doesn't immediately answer a text or IM. It's normal.

Man up and make a move!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    IM and text aren't a good conduit for emotion. Also, keep in mind there may have been something going on on the other end of that IM connection that was demanding her attention. She likes you. don't freak out of she doesn't immediately answer a text or IM. It's normal.

Man up and make a move!
    Well I'm unsure... I mean, she's generally seems very happy and it might be only me thinking that her behaviour changes when she meets me.

Another thing: Yesterday she was sittign with another classmate (she hasn't been flirty with him, though she sometimes sits next to him during classes). So we were all preparing for a test and I went to where they were and began talking to her. We flirted a bit, but when I sat down next to her she quickly said "g2g" and she only came back a good while later.

I was ready for the test but as we were leaving for the classroom I was like "I'll have to write something on my hand to remember it" (jokingly". She giggled and said that she'd be very disappointed if I did that, she touched me a little bit...

I'm a good student but while I wrote 7 pages on the test, she wrote 8 (most of everyone), so I said "You''l surely get an A then" (jokingly), I gave her a friendly pat on the back as well. She smiled and moved her hand to where I had touched her.

Something else: before she always asked her girlfriends for tips if she struggled with a task in school, now she asks me though, with a happy/flirty voice. Is it because she knows I'm a good student, or can it be a sign that she likes me?

EDIT: ATM e have a project where we have to train for 8 weeks and write a long report about it in sports class. Most of the students are going another place to train druing sports class, I asked her and she was training at the school gym. I said I was too and she was like "OK" and with a smiley face (on Messenger). She became kinda ... silent... Is she uncomfortable around me, or does it mean that she may be itnerested?
    Last edited by GSAA; 16-10-09 at 01:35 AM.

Look. Don't fret if she doesn't want to text 24/7. I cannot stress this enough. She obviously likes you. GO FOR IT MAN!

Just walk up to her and ask her out. If she says no then at least you will know she is not interested.
    What have you got to lose ?

Good luck

She's a flirty girl, you're a clueless guy.

My advice to you: stop with his overanalyzing bullshit and just go for it.

Btw, I do no think she is interested in you. There is nothing you've really said to indicate her interest, only to say that she is in general flirtatious. But feel free to prove me wrong, make a move and stop pussyfooting. The longer you wuss out on making an approach the mor likely you are to lose.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Don't let a text like that keep you from asking her out. I am seen people misunderstand text all the time. ASK HER OUT!
    Pastor d

www.ingenio.com/pastord

Don't pay too much attention to IM and text messages. People put their messenger status as online, initiate a convo, then go away and do something else and dont change their status and then they come back and tell you just what you said "g2g", and there you are, feeling ditched and worried that they don't like you.

Nah. Stop talking online and via texts. I prefer real phone calls and real life conversations. That's where you can tell whether or not they are interested.

She could be interested, it's hard to say based on that info. But hey go for it.
    She may be just shy and a bit insecure, wondering if you like her too.

Make a move
    Last edited by ellie; 17-10-09 at 03:48 AM.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein