+ Follow This Topic

Thread: unrequited love?

unrequited love?

About a week ago I met the most amazing girl in my biochemistry class. This girl had it all - gorgerous, intelligent, down to earth, easy-going. Love at first sight is the only way to describe it. We talked in class over the course of a couple days until, finally, I mustered up the courage to ask her out. We went to a really nice restaurant, saw a movie, and then went back to my apartment to hang out. Things were going really well and she ended up spending the night, which consisted of lots of cuddling - but no sex. With this girl, sex wasn't my motivation; I wanted something more with her (no form of birth control was available anyway). The next morning we we got up and went to our respective classes. I really felt like we hit it off great and I wanted to see her again. I texted her the same day (probably came off as a bit desperate) asking if she wanted to come over and hang out that night. She never responded. The next day I asked her to see a movie, but she 'had something else going on.' Feeling a bit dejected, I called her asking, "Where is this going between us? I really like you," to which she responded, "I really like you too, you are amazing, etc."

Suffice to say, I am a little confused and am having a hard time interpreting her intentions/actions. I feel its in my best interest to give her some room and let her decide what exactly she wants and if, at all, she wants to hang out with me again. Is this the best approach? It will be difficult to get my mind off her, but I can't think of anything else to do. I fear coming off as desperate, cause I really like this girl.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That sucks, but it seems like she's either just not feeling it, or she's trying to play hard to get, but doesn't realize she sucks at it.

Either way, do what you're doing now, try to limit your interactions with her (but don't be rude), and if she doesn't come around you'll already be past the first step on moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That sucks, but it seems like she's either just not feeling it, or she's trying to play hard to get, but doesn't realize she sucks at it.

Either way, do what you're doing now, try to limit your interactions with her (but don't be rude), and if she doesn't come around you'll already be past the first step on moving on.
    I appreciate the prompt response. I'll take your advice and see what happens. As dumb as it sounds, I'd rather just lose her now then risk getting shit on later when I'm already in too deep.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not dumb, that's kinda what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by amboovalent View Post
    About a week ago I met the most amazing girl in my biochemistry class. This girl had it all - gorgerous, intelligent, down to earth, easy-going. Love at first sight is the only way to describe it. We talked in class over the course of a couple days until, finally, I mustered up the courage to ask her out. We went to a really nice restaurant, saw a movie, and then went back to my apartment to hang out. Things were going really well and she ended up spending the night, which consisted of lots of cuddling - but no sex. With this girl, sex wasn't my motivation; I wanted something more with her (no form of birth control was available anyway). The next morning we we got up and went to our respective classes. I really felt like we hit it off great and I wanted to see her again. I texted her the same day (probably came off as a bit desperate) asking if she wanted to come over and hang out that night. She never responded. The next day I asked her to see a movie, but she 'had something else going on.' Feeling a bit dejected, I called her asking, "Where is this going between us? I really like you," to which she responded, "I really like you too, you are amazing, etc."

Suffice to say, I am a little confused and am having a hard time interpreting her intentions/actions. I feel its in my best interest to give her some room and let her decide what exactly she wants and if, at all, she wants to hang out with me again. Is this the best approach? It will be difficult to get my mind off her, but I can't think of anything else to do. I fear coming off as desperate, cause I really like this girl.
    Its not desperate to text her the day after you hooked up. My advice to you, don't be needy, and don't get emotionally attached. Just hit her up later this week and get her to come out again.

And for the love of god, always carry a condom in your wallet.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

lol at the last part mvplaya said. but yeah seriously i was in your situation and STILL kind of hurting from it. i fell for a close friend whom she had a slight interest in me. we hung out just the two of us (i considered it a date) and so and did things that couples do. when i actually asked her out on something official, she'd say she was busy or something like that. me being stupid i should have known that she wasn't interested anymore and stopped pursuing. i later found out the hard way that she was actually seeing someone (which is now her bf). my mistakes when talking to this girl, is that i came too strong and was too nice.

but with you, what you are doing is alright. i mean there isn't anything wrong with texting her to hang out again after just seeing her. and possibly she may like you. do what i have should have done, which is to just play it cool. don't seem that you want to see her all the time cause then she'll get weird out knowing that you always want to be with her. i'd say keep it as if you don't care; that it's no biggie that she doesn't want to hang out. not necessarily be a douche to her but just keep as if you are busy with your own things.

goodluck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]so you lost a limb but hell, you will heal in time.