+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: christians.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I don't think its bigotry. I wasn't being serious when I said "look at Jews and Muslims" either

I just wanted to see where this would lead while I procrastinated from elucidating how treating RNA with hydrazine followed by piperidine selectively cleaves the abasic sites of cytidine and thymidine
    In that case we're delivering on turning this into a flame thread.

And I hate OChem, worst class I ever took.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    In that case we're delivering on turning this into a flame thread.

And I hate OChem, worst class I ever took.
    WORST class??!? Organic chemistry was one of the BEST classes I have ever taken! Although this is a chemical biology course, that was one step in the old-school way of sequencing DNA (the Maxam-Gilbert method)

Its not so much that I hated the material as much as I hated that attendance was mandatory for everything and I had 3 2 hour lectures a week on top of two 4 hour labs. O Chem killed my social life for months at a time, to the point where it became a running joke that when someone asked whether we wanted to do something, we would just say no by saying OChem.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Physical chemistry is way more beastly than organic chemistry. THAT will kill your social life. Organic chemistry is a flaccid Echidna penis compared to the raging boner cock of quantum mechanics

Of course, there are 2 intro QM courses offered here. One of them is QM for idiots and the other is QM for people who don't suck

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    misombra - ask nick to show you his "jesus fcuking christ" picture. He's such an ass.

you see? all this fighting and hatred of people in the name of religion and god. god (if he exists) is probably looking down going wtf?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Physical chemistry is way more beastly than organic chemistry. THAT will kill your social life. Organic chemistry is a flaccid Echidna penis compared to the raging boner cock of quantum mechanics

Of course, there are 2 intro QM courses offered here. One of them is QM for idiots and the other is QM for people who don't suck
    Have you ever seen a real echidna? Its amazing the things can reproduce at all.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its more fun being Pagan:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwWKYbcnwg&feature=related"]YouTube - The Christians and the Pagans[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yeah I quit after OChem, decided I wanted a social life in college. I did take one QM course, it wasn't the main QM course, but a cross-disciplinary one listed under Physics and EECS, Quantum Information Science & Tech, it was mostly about the application of QM into IT and nano-scale projects. That class scored me so many contracts when the consulting firm I worked at wanted to score more IT clients.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    some of the most hypocritical, judgemental exploiters of god i've ever met.

(yes i know this is going to start a huge argument. that's the point lol.)

yeh just like those idiot judgemental americans, sucks don't it.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Sounds like the Christians that are around you act like the majority of America.
    Go figure. Judge the Christians that you hang around and not everyone who calls themselves a Christian, A believer of God.

Well since no one "knows" and never will, it's all about faith. I respect people who have it, regardless of what it's in, and avoid being hypocritical by practicing what they preach.

That being said, I agree with Indi about fun :-)

How dare you insult my god? Blasphemy. I will crucify you now.

I'm such an athiest that it's hard to even pretend.

Incidentally, I was at the art museum a couple of months ago and I saw this interesting sculpture. It was basically the word GOD with a light shining through it; but the shadow it created made the word WAR.

i disagree with organised religion. i also disagree with villifying people who believe in something that makes them happy...but i'ts just so typical of stoooopid idiot people, no such thing as having a compassionate and intelligent brain that decides not to argue with something that is none of their business.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast