Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: christians.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Let people believe what they want to believe
    No, Coco^.

Think of all the horrible things created by humans, past and present. I think you'll want to revise your statement.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    You know whats funny... There is increasing evidence that Jesus was Bi-Sexual and had relationships with me and women.
    Best. Typo. Ever.

Bwahahahahah!
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Sigh.
    I had a moment. LOL!

If someone believes in Christianity leave them be.
    If they try to convert you... let them know you aren't interested without insulting them.
    If you happen to come across a Christian who isn't Christian-Like... stay away from them.
    There we go.

religious people have no business trying to convert people. they have done atrocious things in the world and the least they could do is be humble.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sigh.
    I had a moment. LOL!

If they try to convert you... let them know you aren't interested without insulting them.
    Oh no. If someone comes to my house, unasked, and tries to convert me/my family to their religion, then its open season on them hearing all about the benefits of atheism & the problems with religion. Like I said, I keep brochures for it now.

If they find that insulting, well, they came to my house of their own free will, didn't they?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Do you have a brochure that says "The Truth" on the cover and is blank on the inside?

People at my church joke about going around and handing those out and telling baffled recipients that there ARE no answers.
    Spammer Spanker

Sigh.
    I had a moment. LOL!

If you happen to come across a Christian who isn't Christian-Like... stay away from them.
    There we go.
    That's nice, and very good advice Coco :-)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Do you have a brochure that says "The Truth" on the cover and is blank on the inside?

People at my church joke about going around and handing those out and telling baffled recipients that there ARE no answers.
    LOL. That level of intelligence is too subtle for most of the folk that come to our door.

Seriously, I dislike labels and being labelled. So I don't call myself 'atheist'. Its becoming a pejorative term b/c of certain rabid elements who don't seem to understand its really just meant to describe the absence of belief in a god(s). I have a very good printout about freethinking I use. PM me if you want the link.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDqDlRf8wxs"]YouTube - Freewill-Rush[/ame]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you're actually way more liberal than I am, Miso. That's a compliment, btw.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i don't know about liberal. i'm just learning new things and discovering who i am and paving my own path and not being afraid of it.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Christianity was imposed upon people to create hierarchy and control --> ie the Vatican.

People were executed for heresy.....not believing, or in any way acting against the church's authority. This included rulers of nations. At one point, in many places, everyone was Christian because you HAD to be, and voicing an alternate opinion meant death or ostracism. Belief equalled survival.

More people are moving away from religion because we have a choice. We can assert our personal beliefs without fear of retribution. Some people have not lifted the blanket of fear that's carried over from religion's days of dominance, but people are creeping out slowly and opening their eyes.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567