+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting Married at Age 70

Getting Married at Age 70

I've been doing research on this issue for awhile now. I've come to the conclusion that in the best interests of the economy & my financial security it's probably better for me to wait until I'm 70 years old to get married if I ever decide to get married at all.

Here are some of the benefits of getting married later in life instead of while I'm young.

1. I have more opportunities to save & invest more money in my IRA retirement fund. I'm not just putting money away into that account. It's collecting interest. I don't plan on touching it until I'm 59 years old. I have the potential of retiring as a millionare if I get disciplined enough to put away only 100$ a month into my IRA. An unmarried man like myself can afford to invest more money.

2. By the time I've turned 70 I've already just about lived my life & did everything I wanted to do & accomplished all I wanted to accomplish. While I'm young & unmarried I have the luxury of being carefree. If I want to travel to Alaska or travel all around the world for that matter these present years are the best time to do it & get it all out of my system.

If I want to go to the bar to listen to loud music I can do that. I don't have to worry about getting permission from my wife to go play golf with my friends on Saturday afternoons. I'm a spur of the moment kind of person. I don't like deadlines or a structured schedule. Whenever I decide to go on vacation someplace and if there's money in the bank I usually don't plan it. I wait until the day before many times before deciding to go.

3. The later I marry the better it is for the economy as a whole. By the time I turn 70 I don't think me or my spouse would likely be interested in having an expensive wedding. It's also better for stablizing the world's food supply as we are already overpopulated enough as it is.

Also it's better to have kids in old age that way I'll be dead or close to it & can make space for them to take over in society. If I have a kid at age 70 & set aside 20 years to raising & taking care of them then I'll be 90-95 years old by the time I've put them through college & they are able to fend for themselves.

In all likelihood I probably will live to be 115 years old & my kids will be long grown & well able to fend for themselves when I'm 90-95 years old. Who says that you can be too old to have kids?

We've seen instances in the Bible of couples having kids in old age & being able to take good care of them. Sure they lived longer back in old testament times but still we can't shortchange God. If it's God's plan for me to have a kid at 70 years old then logically He's going to equip me with the means to take care of them. It is possible for me to be in good physical shape well into my 70s & 80s if I just make good healthy habits now with exercise & diet & not smoking habitually, etc.

So population control is a good reason to marry later in life. The later I marry the better.

4. Another reason to get married at age 70 for me is that it would be nice to have a spouse who is there to hold my hand on my death bed when I turn 115 years old. I want somebody to hold my hand while I'm making the transition from this life to the next. I'm going to make it a point that my wife outlives me. I pray to God that I go before her.

5. Waiting until I'm 70 to get married makes it easier for me to devote more time to take care of my parents when they get too old age & need my help. I believe in honoring my parents. They took care of me for at least 20 years so I owe it to them to take care of them when they get up there in age.

I don't like having one responsibility pile up on top of another. Getting married is just 1 extra responsibility. I like to focus on one responsibility at a time if possible. Focus on taking care of my parents first & then maybe get married later after they die.

What if you die before 70?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeh, im sure your kids will just love for their dad to die when their young.

mine did when i was 17....

part of getting married/settling with someone is sharing things with them and doing things in your life together.

Great. Your wife will have two sets of diapers to change. Yours and theirs.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    pmsl giga

Heh? Whazza pmsl?
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, if you're going to willingly render yourself miserable for the rest of your life you may as well do it when your life is just about over.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    'piss my self laughing'

not literally though

Well, don't worry if you do. You can borrow some Grampers from Cameron.
    Spammer Spanker

I didn't know men were even fertile at that age.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    think it has seriously declined by that age....