+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I Done Something Wrong?

Have I Done Something Wrong?

I've joined this site to try and find out whether I've done something to upset my girlfriend, whether she's just in an odd mood, and to try and get some advice on what I can do,,

First off let me introduce myself, Im a 16 year old guy from england, and I've been with my girlfriend for roughly a month now,, Doesnt seem like much I know.. And she was the one that asked me out.

Basically we met at a party and a few hours later she asked me out; I know this sounds like reeally rushed but it feels like the right thing to do, and Even though we havnt known each other very long she means alot to me.

Some of her friends have told me that she used to be abit of a flirt, which does bother me because they've also said she's "calmed down" since she met me which I guess is a good thing (BTW not a flirt sexually or anything) And things have been going well, started off being stuck to each other, and things havn't changed much since; HOWEVER, the other night we both went to a party at a club,, and we were having fun dancing together and drinking etc., But then she met some guys that she used to know, I dont know why but I get verry jealous about other guys with her (Which I know is pathetic!) But it wasnt too bad, untill her friend told me to give her some space.. Which I did,, then when I looked back she was dancing with one of these guys and it actually made me feel sick seeing his hands on her waist, But im probably just over reacting, But then one of the guys apparently told her that theyd hit me if I came over to her :S Which didnt make any sense.. But i went over and got her a drink and took her inside to dance.

I know ive rambled on alot, But i really dont know if im being stupid getting jealous of other guys with her.. even if it seems innocent, I havnt known her that long but i think I would trust her.. Just i wouldnt be able to trust any guys with her.

So am I being stupid? Or do you think it could just be that she had had some alcohol and was actiing differently? Any help would be appreciated, and ill give some briefer answers to any questions if it helps

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls in relationships shouldn't be dancing with males that are not her boyfriends. Especially not dancing where there is touching involved.

Could have been the booze, but even with booze it shouldn't have happened. You need to have the boundries talk now. Dancing with men is not acceptable.

If someone I was "friends" with threatened to hit my man, that friendship would end right then, right there.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks for the advice, But I should be allowed to be jealous shouldn't I? I mean.. Im happy to give her space if thats what she wants, but I dont want her going off with someone else while im not there. But i think i trust her.. early days to say for sure though =\

I think jealousy is a perfectly valid emotion in this circumstance and shouldn't be dismissed as if it were indicative of some terrible character flaw.

Maybe you should take some "space" for yourself as well. Spend the evening with your guy friends. Let her miss you. If she spends this time away from you with her girlfriends, great. If she spends it running around trying to garner more male attention from other guys, that should be an indication to you that things are going sour.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think jealousy is a perfectly valid emotion in this circumstance and shouldn't be dismissed as if it were indicative of some terrible character flaw.

Maybe you should take some "space" for yourself as well. Spend the evening with your guy friends. Let her miss you. If she spends this time away from you with her girlfriends, great. If she spends it running around trying to garner more male attention from other guys, that should be an indication to you that things are going sour.
    Alright, A friend told me today that being jealous is just part of being human,, So in a way I shouldnt feel bad about being jealous. Another problem is that its a new school, so i dont know as many of her friends that she's made over the years, and ive just got this trust issue from not knowing what her guy friends are like, ahh itll be fine when I see her tomorrow, I tend to work myself up when im not with her, but things are cool when we're together

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I still think you need to have a boundry talk. You are clearly not comfortable with her grinding other men. And rightfully so. You think you're all fine and dandy and over it... until the next time you go clubbing and some dude is all up on her. She won't know you don't like it until you have this discussion.

Okay, ill speak to her about it tomorrow,, just dont want her to think that im 'controlling' or take it out of hand. Well it wasnt full on grinding.. but if they were and he put his all over her then I would step in..
    But the guy that wanted to fight me if i went near her was just drunk i think, and trying to impress her, wishh she had done something about it though, like 'GigaBitch' said.
    I didnt see the whole conversation so I cant really talk to her about that because then she'll think like her friends were ratting her out a bit (which they kind of are lol) or if ive been misinformed or something it would nott look good, but ill see her tomorrow and sort it (y) =)