+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friend Brings Her Kids Everywhere!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what is the difference between a pool hall and a park if the kid is just going to sleep??

anyways, my views on raising children is way different that yours. bottom line, if you can discipline them in the correct manner, and probably answer the questions that they will ask you, then everything will be fine.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Well no one said it was confusing. Question was How do I talk to her about it because she is a sensitive ass person. :/
    Not confusing to you, confusing to her. Its simple social rules, I don't understand why your friend is so oblivious.

You can set up adults only nights by doing adult content, i.e., watch a rated R film, go to a bar first, something like that.

The other thing is to compromise, invite her out to the zoo one day, tell her to bring the kids, then ask her if she wants to get a baby sitter so you can all go out later that night. Something like that. Just make it clear to her that its not an issue of disliking her kids, just that there is 'friends & family' time and 'just friends' time.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Have done it and will continue to do it. It's a bigger issue with her though. She has an ego about everything. Like no one can do anything better than her. Bray used to tell my fiancee all the time how she never lets him do anything and when he does she criticizes it and goes behind him and do it over. Most of the time Bray will offer to watch the kids but she will turn her nose up to that. If her kids were well behaved I wouldn't even care but they are bad as shit. Most of the time some of our friends leave early because they get annoyed by it.

Wish me luck because I am going to tell her like it is and she might not take it well. Im off to work now. 2 hours late. Haha!

Hey Coco, I know this is late, but just thought I'd give my 2 cents on the subject in case you don't get a chance to talk to your co-worker before you check back in. Don't invite your friend to the outings where you don't want her to bring her kids. If/When she asks why she wasn't invited, tell her it was because it was an "adult only" event and you guys knew she'd be out since she always brings her kids. Maybe then ask her nicely if she'd like you guys to just let her know if it's a kid friendly activity, otherwise they will be adult only. Good luck either way. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. I'd probably tell her (and not very nicely) if I wanted to be around kids, I'd go work at a day care center. But then, I don't have kids, want them or even like being around them. Especially when they are little monsters. Ugh.
    Life is too short to be unhappy or spend your time with people you don't like.

I saw it from work before I talked to her so thanks!

Well here is the update. I tried talking to her about it. She blew up. I was nice about it at first because she brought it up. It's like she was reading my mind.

Her: heart to heart.
    Me: Ok whats up
    Her: you dont really want me to go do you
    Me: i want you to come but without your children.
    Her: i dont have a babysitter
    Me: you have bray and he even offers but u say he cant handle him. how do u know when u never let him try.

She blew up and said that she doesn't trust them with him because he doesn't do what she does for them. He lets them play and stay up too late when she wants them in bed at 9:00pm sharp. So when another one of our friends (Sarai) heard us talking she put her 2 cents in. Michaeline calmed down for a bit but she started insulting Sarai, talking down to her. Her and Sarai got into it because Sarai went hard and said in so many words, "I'm not your child or your husband. You can treat Bray like that but not me. Poor guy". It became a quick shouting match between her and Sarai again after work. The whole thing ended up being canceled because everyone else found out she was bringing her kid along and said they didn't want to be bothered. Now she's not speaking to any of us at the moment.

Shes mad at me and Sarai because she thinks we've been talking about her behind her back but we haven't. Bray is the one who says that she treats him like a child and bosses him around ever since he got injured @ war. He can't work right now and he's having a rough time. He would talk to Sarai's husband and to Anako all the time about it. When all the guys went to Atlantic City for a night I am guessing that's when Bray really let loose and talked about how he felt. They have had positions available in our district office that he could do... receptionist work but she wouldn't even give him an application saying that's embarrassing to have her husband doing women work.

how old is she? usually younger moms who didn't get a chance to go out and have fun want to go out with all their kids.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I think she is 34. and Bray is 35.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    She has an ego about everything. Like no one can do anything better than her. Bray used to tell my fiancee all the time how she never lets him do anything and when he does she criticizes it and goes behind him and do it over. Most of the time Bray will offer to watch the kids but she will turn her nose up to that.
    Honestly your friend seems like a selfish cow. She doesn't seem well liked and her kids are not to blame for her being less than popular.

I mean she's married to a guy whom she has 3 kids with and she thinks he's a terrible father. Poor guy is right! And if what you say is true she's just incredibly full of herself and thinks everyone should work around her.

Dunno Coco- doesn't seem like this gal is worth all the fight you put in for her.

I mean she is nice when she wants to be. I've been to many places with her and was her company when her husband was at war. I tend to ask for advice when it comes to my friends because I sometimes I don't communicate well with others. I just want to make sure I'm doing okay. I had a bond with her. We were in training together, working together for a while now... I just think she is a drama queen and I hate that about her because she doesn't have to be like that. LOL

Um, if her husband was injured in the war and is "having a bad time right now" maybe it really isn't a good idea for her to leave him alone with the kids?

Do any of you know what things are like in their home right now? She could be dealing with a whole lot of scary shit that she's just not sharing.

Mind you I could be way off base here, but if you really consider her a friend it's worth thinking about.

She could just be a controling, self aborbed bitch. However if that's the case why bother being friends with her?

Yes you are way off base here. I only have a problem with her bringing her kids every damn where and I feel like if I am her friend I should be able to talk to her without getting defensive and sensitive about it. If I don't apply that to the subject of her kids... I can talk about how she is in the workplace. It's almost like she has to prove herself to be tough or something. I just want to help her because I know how good a person she could be and nobody likes her! Her being a bitch to her husband has nothing to do with me. She has never been a bitch to me or mistreated me. I've been there with her before the war, during and after the war.

Her husband can take care of the kids. If you were to ask my advice on his parenting... he's a lot better than her, even though she thinks she is best at everything. They don't act all wild and crazy when they are with him. He is injured but he is not helpless.

Fair enough.

I wanted to bring up the possibility because one of my closest friends was in an awful abusive relationship for a few years and none of us knew.
    We all wondered why she was so defensive, and why she would never leave her kids with their dad (not even to go to the grocery store). It sucked finding out that she had hid so much for so long, and had to go through hell alone.

I feel like I'd be doing everyone a disservice if I hadn't of raised the posibility.

No problem i get it.

I just want to help her out you know.
    Maybe I should just let it be and not care.
    But I don't want people talking about her badly.
    She's a nice girl outside of that shit she be doing.

She will even ask me why are they so jealous of her.
    They aren't jealous of her they just think she is a bitch.
    I want to talk to her about it but I don't know how.
    I know that if she came at me the wrong way I would snap.
    But I'm trying to talk to her as a friend and let her know about herself.
    Sarai is pretty much fed up.

It sounds like your friend is doing a fine job alienating herself from her friends.

I feel sorry for her kids, they'll have to grow up with an over bearing and controlling mother.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah, it's hard to see a friend screwing up. The lesson I seem to have to keep learning is that most people don't want hear about how their hurting themselves. The ones that do usually figure it out on their own.

Maybe you could try writing it out in a letter? She can't get mad and start a fight with the written word. If you make it as loving and non-judgmental as posible she might even let some of it get through. Then again she might not, she might just get mad at you. There's a reason the saying "don't shoot the messager" is still around. I don't know. There are differant levels of friendship, some you just go along to get along others you can risk shaking up because the friend is really worth the fall out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast