+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She never calls!

She never calls!

I've been dating someone for a month now (both in our 20's). Nothing serious or anything, but I think that we are both only seeing each other right now. We've had about 5-6 dates together. We always have a good time together, no matter what we are doing. The dates have always ended with a nice kiss and hug. We usually talk a few times a week and she seems interested.

I have always been the one to set something up, or the one who calls following a date. She has only once returned a phone call after I left a voicemail message. Sometimes I have called and left a message, and she sends an e-mail back instead.

I had tried to see her on the weekend but she was too busy and couldn't find the time. I called her over the weekend and she had kind of initiated the set up a quick date meet for us early in the week instead. This is the first sort of interest I have seen from her.

Should I be worried that after a month, she is never the one to call me or initiate a date? Is she just shy maybe? It would be really exciting for me if she just called, even to say "hi" if nothing else.

Is this a sign of disinterest or is she just shy and is still expecting the guy to do all the work?

It's a good sign that you've at least HAD 5-6 dates with her. But why haven't you asked to see if you can develop further?

Perhaps she is the type that likes the guy doing all the work, but at the same time...if she was interested why isn't she sending texts or messages asking how you're doing?

She could also be dating other guys or worst...a boyfriend!

Ladies can answer this one better.

She only uses her cell phone for emergencies (pay as you go). I feel kind of frustrated when it is always me making the initiative and planning everything.

I don't want to rush things. She said she wants to take it slow, and not jump into a relationship right away. It's only been a month.

Hm. I dont know if shes playing "hard to get" to keep you interested. Or if shes seeing someone else and until you make it official she thinks youre just a potential fu*k buddy or maybe she sees you as making yourself ready available and shes not interested if theres no chase.

I have no idea why she's doing it but if I were you I'd back off and not call/txt/email her until she's ready to make the date.
    If I was interested in you and loved hanging out Id be finding every excuse in the book to be around you.

We're not FWB or anything like that. We are both pretty conservative in that way. I don't expect any sex for a while yet, so I don't think that is it. She seem excited and happy to do something when I do call.

Hi!
    The right way is to ask her about it. There is not something unusual when people talk about their relations and feelings. Maybe she has her special opinion about your relations and if you like her you must take her opinion into consideration. So my advice is to talk to her. Try to solve this problem together.

yeah then. Talk to her. maybe she doesnt even realize that shes doing it or maybe she thinks that its what guys are always suppose to do.