+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How not to screw things up :p

How not to screw things up :p

OK back in April I had a date with a girl I really liked alot, and I was pretty sure she liked me too. But even though I thought she liked me, I decided to hold back on making any moves. The date went really good, but afterwards she stopped returning my calls. So I was upset and just said to myself "well **** her" and I moved on.

Then about a week and a half ago I was driving around with my friend and he said that we should go to this girl's house that were friends with, so we go, and the girl I went on the date with was there. We didnt really talk or anything, but it wasnt too ackward. Then like 2 days later I get a call from my friends, asking me if I still have the girl's number, and saying that I should go on another date with her. So I'm thinking to myself, "WTF?" Then the next day our mutual friend explained everything to me. It seems she never returned my calls or anything because she thought I only wanted to be friends, which I really really did not want. She also told me that the girl was talking about me after I left the house. So everyone's telling me that I should call her, but instead I just go to the store she works at, I needed a belt anyway. So I grab my stuff and I'm scoping down the checkouts to so which one shes at, then I see the girl's best friend who works there as well. She waves and then yells my name and gestures for me to go over. I do and she looks around and whispers "...Shes over there". So I go over there, and I tell her that I think we should hang out again, and shes like "definitly". So I give her my number again and I leave.

She calls me the next day, and she invites me to watch movies at her house on Wednesday (last night). I go, and this time I actually made some moves, which were greatly received, we kissed and cuddled and whatnot. And I'm really stoked because I did really like this girl and I still do very much. I'm supposed to call her today, but really I want to see her. Would it be a bad idea to go see her at work?

Also any general tips about how not to screw things up would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, would asking her if she wants to hang out tonight be a little too soon?

I don't know that I would recommend stopping by work BUT I think calling and seeing if she wants to hang out tonight would be fine. Jsut play it casual so if she says she already has plans its not a big deal.

tips on how not to screw up . . .nothing comes to mind right away, but I will keep pondering

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Yeah, just give her a call and ask her to hang out again. Congrats on your good turn of luck.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

LOL yeah its about time. I'm so chipper right now, kissing the girl I want to kiss above all others .

Well congratulations! But I think it's quite hard to get tips on "how not to screw up". I think you should just take things as they come rather than worry about the future. But if you really want a tip, I think the best thing you can do is think of what can go wrong and avoid it.

OK now I'm lost again. She did so many things that day that indicated that she really liked me alot, other than just the kissing, but now...nothing. She hasnt returned my calls or anything. I dont think its shyness, because she had no trouble calling me before. And she certainly didnt act like it was just a one time thing, in fact she talked several times about there being a "next time" and that she wanted to spend more time together. So I dont know what to do. Me and her have tons in common and shes just fun to be around, but if she going to act stupid and not return my calls, then I'm just going to have to go for one of my other prospects.

Then go for one of your other prospects and see how she reacts. No use hanging around. A relationship is about two people and you must not be the one who does all the initiating convos, calls etc. And it's good that you have other prospects so work on them!