+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she secretly like me?

Does she secretly like me?

There's this girl at work I'm pretty friendly with and just to set the background she has a long term boyfriend.

Whenever we talk and have a laugh she always seems to grab my arm or shoulder. The first few times she did this I didn't think anything of it as some girls are touchy feely people. But over time I've noticed that she doesn't seem to do this to any other guys in the office.

She also recently seems to follow me around sometimes finding an excuse to follow me. I don't mean all the time but more recently.

The other day we were having a conversation with someone else at work. I decided to touch her on the arm during the conversation just to see her reaction, following this I went to leave but as I walked away she grabbed my jacket on the arm and litteraly yanked me back towards her which really surprised me and was a bit embarrasing as everyone saw her do it. She joked that I couldn't leave yet as I needed to help resolve the conversation and when I tried to leave again and she kept hold of my jacket arm, eventually she let go after she was happy with my answer to the question.

Do you think she likes me or is this normal behaviour of a work friend?

Sounds flirty, she may have a work crush on you.

Is her boyfriend big enough to break you in half and throw you in the dumpster?

I won't be persuing this while she is still with him, but I'm just curious as to what she is thinking.

lol...Primo....I love workplace flirting don't you?

means nothing, just a bit of harmless flirting, unless she outright tells you to jump in the sack with her, I'd happily play along without taking it too seriously...enjoy it, makes for a happy work environment me thinks

Don't worry as I said above I won't be doing anything as she has a boyfirend, but I just wonder why she is doing it, does it mean she is attracted on some level?

There have been a couple of times where she has complimented me on stuff like clothes. One time when another girl was teasing another guy and called him sexy, immediately afterwards the girl I am reffering to said I was sexy (not sure if she meant it or just wanted me to feel good). Another time I thought I saw a fly or something miving in her hair so she asked me to get rid of it but it turned out that it was nothing. She then teased me saying at least she has hair (I'm follically challenged and keep my hair shaved). Another girl said that was a bit harsh after which she immediately said sorry she didn't mean it and thought I looked great. To which the other girl reacted a bit surprised after which she then said "I don't mean great but err, that you look good, I mean not you look good but your hair is fine" I told her to quit while she was ahead as she was diging herself a deeper hole. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    lol...Primo....I love workplace flirting don't you?

means nothing, just a bit of harmless flirting, unless she outright tells you to jump in the sack with her, I'd happily play along without taking it too seriously...enjoy it, makes for a happy work environment me thinks
    BB, it's the best ! :-D I've had a couple of the funnest work wives :-) It does add a spark and bit of flair to the day/night that's for sure.

And yes sloanranger, it almost always means nothing. In fact, other than shift parties or a holiday function I would never see them outside of the work environment. But between the teasing comments, playful touches and eye contact, it makes for alot of fun and of course makes you feel good :-) Don't get me wrong, there's times when it crosses the line and people cheat, but way more often than not it's innocent.

It sounds like she has a work crush on you, have fun flirting with her and getting adored and like you said, dont' worry about it or make it more than it is. You're handling it right :-)

Thanks for the feedback, like you say I'll just enjoy to playful banter, it does help brighten the day up

I love workplace flirting, in fact, the last girl i talked to in the workplace.. I'm still with and looks like marriage is in the future! Excited about that
    With this situation though, its probably cool to know if she does like you or not but it's actually better not to know. Saves you a whole lot of trouble, drama, and confusion. Sometimes its just better not to dabble into certain things.

not so funny

i dont like workplace flirting..company dont pay for this

flirt

I think workplace flirting is ok, if both parties are single of course! I personally don't like it...it makes the work environment a lil awkward.

[url]http://www.heartpool.com[/url]

She is flirting with you, and strongly. She does like you more than the others. She's already in a relationship? AND flirting with you? Not good. If she's not remaining faithful to her current man, then who's to say she'd remain faithful to you if/when you got with her?

About flirting in the workplace:

If both are single, I think it's 'okay'... to a degree. For singles, flirting usually leads to dating, and dating someone from work can spell big trouble in the future if things go downhill while in that sort of intimate relationship... and then afterward you'll see each other at work every day? Yikes!

They warn many people against going out with others you work with!

Anyway, again, I'd not like it since she's seeing someone already! That means she's not very faithful/trustworthy!