+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart or not too smart??

Smart or not too smart??

I was just wondering if you guys like smarter women than you are or would you prefer a less smarter women?? Like, would you get intimidated by smarter women??

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It would be a plus if the girl was smarter than I am

It really does not matter to me if she is smarter than me. She does need to be smart.

Smart is always attractive and I definitely wouldn't mind meeting a girl who's smarter than me.

Unless she's the eccentric type of smart where the topic somehow veers off into existentialism within the first few minutes of meeting her - that's just weird.

Hmmm I like existentialism ,,without meaning to sound egotistical , Im the smartest person in my entire social circle ,,I've never been out with anyone smarter , or as smart as me ,,so it would be a huge turn on to for me. If she was philosophical that'd be even better
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

I tend to make friends with people of about my same intelligence. I can't really answer from a non-platonic standpoint, but I can say, if someone is too far under my intelligence level, it's harder to have a good conversation, and it's not worth my effort keeping a relationship up with whoever that person is.

I haven't met anyone significantly above my intelligence level (I'm fairly intelligent), but I would imagine it would be the same thing.

All in all, I would say it's best to have an approximately equal intelligence levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Initials View Post
    All in all, I would say it's best to have an approximately equal intelligence levels.
    That tends to happen in society a lot anyway If you think about it
    I suppose its because if one person is too far ahead it creates resentment.
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Smarter how? Once you get beyond a certain level its really what 'flavour' of intelligence you find interesting.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I've seen marriages where it worked out. The was intelligent and educated, but was hopeless when it came to common sense and people skills. The other was not as educated, but had the common sense and people skills that the other lacked.

The particular couple I'm thinking of is getting close to their 60th year of marriage. So, it can work, and work well too. But, if one person looks down on the other in a relationship, it's doomed.

Why is everyone here so damned deep? If you mean in terms of academia vs life wisdow , artistic flair etc then not always , out of the people I've been with that have gotten past that point , the academicy-ish was no more or less attractive to me than the one that was hopeless at science , but did paintings that made me gawp

I don't mind a girl who is smarter than me. Like IndiReloaded said, once you get to a certain level it doesn't really matter. The difference between smart and smarter is not like, say, the gap between smart and dumb. The latter would be a problem.

I think the difference is almost logarithmic. A change in intelligence makes much more of a difference at lower intelligence levels than at higher ones.

I've got an IQ of somewhere between 140 and 150, so, from experience I'll say... Even some intelligent people I can't find much to converse with, but, on the flip side, I'm sure Einstein wouldn't find me of much interest either.

Like Indi said, flavor of IQ is important too, although that's more complex. Is it better to have complimentary intelligence, so between the two of you, you can deal with more issues, or is it better to have similar intelligences, so it's easier to converse and relate to each other?

Very good point Gartlas

Initials says:

"I've got an IQ of somewhere between 140 and 150"

no, you don't. Trust me.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Initials View Post
    Is it better to have complimentary intelligence?
    This^ in my experience. I know too many extremely high-IQ academics who can barely tie their own shoelaces.

Complimentary intellects have plenty to discuss with each other. There is nothing more boring than a couple in the same field discussing the same crap both at work & at home.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast