+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is more shallow men or women?

vashti says:

"Oh my god... I don't know how you guys can have the patience to continue arguing with neo. I swear, I think he's just trolling you all.

silence, woman! Men are talking.

If the nicest (intelligent, sweet, passionate, and beautiful) of girls were everywhere, I wouldn't have commit myself in long distance [oceans and continents away] relationship just to be with one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    So it's amusing to hear you give me a 'pep talk' about how to meet girls =]

Neo, Indi is in her early-mid 40's, has been married for 20 years, and unless she wed on the first date, has been with the same guy for 22-23. Her life experience in the adult dating world is quite simply zero. Her entire knowledge base of relationships was formed from whatever she experienced in HS and very early college, which translated means she knows enough about the real dating world to fill a thimble the size of an atom.

Even though I'm sure it's her holy grail of knowledge, whatever her single friends have confided to her over the years is a partial reality from what they wanted her to hear, nothing more. Indi's somehow, but not surprisingly managed to confuse her privileged lifestyle in college into providing you with an online 'education' on how you should be travelling the world and learning how to ski to score an intelligent woman with a positive upside.

Indi should market this 'Genius Hottie' world tour guys should be saving their cash for to meet a suitable woman. She may make more money and get more satisfaction than her current career

I had to travel halfway across the state to meet a wonderful girl while I was in undergrad and move 2 hrs away from home to meet the one I'm currently talking to in grad school. So they are definitely out there but few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Indi should market this 'Genius Hottie' world tour guys should be saving their cash for to meet a suitable woman. She may make more money and get more satisfaction than her current career
    Actually, I think that's a BRILLIANT idea. She could have a troupe of trophy wives and auction them off, using the proceeds to fund programs that benefit women who have been horribly mistreated by men. The auction winner would get one date to convince the hottie of his choice that he wouldn't dilute her excellent genes with stupidity and stubbornness.
    Spammer Spanker

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Indi always sounds like an egomaniac when she starts arguing.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If she asked you out you would assume she's looking to be used and left.
    I'd assume that she likes me.

I do not understand why women so strongly associoate travel with intelligence. I just don't watnt to travel because I like where I am now and trvavelling is expensive and time consuming.

I think that they like it because some of them go around the world working in bars and they spend the rest of the time having sex with customers and random boys. They're in a different country so no one will ever know.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Neo, Indi is in her early-mid 40's, has been married for 20 years, and unless she wed on the first date, has been with the same guy for 22-23. Her life experience in the adult dating world is quite simply zero. Her entire knowledge base of relationships was formed from whatever she experienced in HS and very early college, which translated means she knows enough about the real dating world to fill a thimble the size of an atom.

Even though I'm sure it's her holy grail of knowledge, whatever her single friends have confided to her over the years is a partial reality from what they wanted her to hear, nothing more. Indi's somehow, but not surprisingly managed to confuse her privileged lifestyle in college into providing you with an online 'education' on how you should be travelling the world and learning how to ski to score an intelligent woman with a positive upside.

Hi guys, LOL. I don't disagree with your post, Primo. I admit my recent dating experience is zero. This wasn't true when I was younger.

But my experience with marriage and commitment is probably one of the highest on this board, with the exception of Vash. True, its a pretty plain vanilla compared to the experience of most. But then again, my "plain vanilla" experience is actually rather rare when you think about it and its the standard that most people claim to strive for in a relationship. Can you claim such success with your past relationships, Primo? If not, then what experience is your advice based on? Why aren't you married still (or again)?

My advice comes from a place of success. I mean, if you want advice on divorce then speak with a divorced person. But if one wants advice on how to get into a lasting relationship with an intelligent woman (which Neo claims he's looking for--unsuccessfully so far), at least I can give an example that actually meets this requirement.

Now, did you actually have anything specific to disprove my advice? Or are you just sucking sour grapes b/c you don't have any better ideas?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    I do not understand why women so strongly associoate travel with intelligence. I just don't watnt to travel because I like where I am now and trvavelling is expensive and time consuming.
    Travelling gives an intelligent person an appreciation for how good we have it here (in Canada/US). I didn't visit country clubs and resorts. A wise relation once told me to travel to see the people of a country, so that's what I did.

My examples of activities was just to contrast with the standard bar scene. Assuming I once fit the category of intelligent, pretty women suitable for a relationship. Certainly, I managed to peg out on that category for at least one guy. If that's not how people meet today, then I guess I'm wrong. Not sure how I'll manage to deal with that... But it would be nice to see *someone* making a suggestion on the subject. Clearly Neo has yet to find success, so whatever path he is on isn't working for him as far as that specific goal is measured.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    If the nicest (intelligent, sweet, passionate, and beautiful) of girls were everywhere, I wouldn't have commit myself in long distance [oceans and continents away] relationship just to be with one.
    Yea my friend flew over seas for his girl recently cause you wouldn't believe the trash that exist here in the Chicago area. It is honestly amazing that such creatures exist.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

IndiReloaded says:

"But if one wants advice on how to get into a lasting relationship with an intelligent woman (which Neo claims he's looking for--unsuccessfully so far)"

"Clearly Neo has yet to find success, so whatever path he is on isn't working for him as far as that specific goal is measured."

where do you get these silly notions that I can't get into a lasting relationship with an intelligent women (I've already disproved this) or that I'm unsuccessful? My problem is the opportunities to date nice, attractive, single girls who are more intelligent than me, don't exist. Maybe if I went to a church group for extremely smart, beautiful girls? lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    where do you get these silly notions that I can't get into a lasting relationship with an intelligent women (I've already disproved this) or that I'm unsuccessful? My problem is the opportunities to date nice, attractive, single girls who are more intelligent than me, don't exist.
    Aren't these statements contradictory? How can you get into a relationship with a woman more intelligent than you if you can't date them?

If you are trying to argue that there aren't women more intelligent than you, that is a different argument and obviously untrue. Lack of opportunity I can understand. To create such is what I was making recommendations about.

But no sweat if I've misunderstood your complaint.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded says:

"Aren't these statements contradictory? How can you get into a relationship with a woman more intelligent than you if you can't date them?"

I never said I can't date them.

"If you are trying to argue that there aren't women more intelligent than you, that is a different argument and obviously untrue. Lack of opportunity I can understand. To create such is what I was making recommendations about."

no, what I'm saying is that I have yet to meet a girl who is all of the following:

a) smarter than me
    b) attractive
    c) nice
    d) single

I have met girls who satisfy 1 or 2 of the criteria, but not all 4 simultaneously. I don't know how to explain this any easier.

Indi, what advice to disprove? That a guy should jetset to find an intelligent, educated woman who happens to be cute, single and have a nice personality too? I'm not sure if you and I define 'bright' the same way, I'm guessing not. There are attractive, intelligent women everywhere in life. Working in law firms, marketing, real estate agencies, school systems, city administrations, doctor's offices and hospitals just to name a few. Women who may not have attended an Ivy League school or went on to acquire their Masters or PhD, but can certainly hold their own with any woman, in any social setting, on any occasion.

I don't think the horny guy who was lucky enough to steal the great Indi from the other horny guys in college puts you in any place to offer Neo, who's in his 20's, advice on how to find a girl with a great upside. You haven't been out and about since Reagan was popping jelly beans in the oval office hun and even then, compared to the average person you're experience was very limited and at a point in your life where you hadn't even begun to understand the dynamics of an adult relationship.

You're making it work though, and like I've said before that's admirable. My gut tells me that you're a dedicated wife and a damn good mom. When it comes to those things, you have some valuable experience and insight to offer.

My personal advice to Neo? Not to worry about it. He's getting his education, just getting started with his life and career. When he gets out in the professional world he'll be provided with plenty of opportunity, on various different platforms to meet the type of woman he's looking for. In my opinion, he certainly doesn't need to look into select social circles or privileged lifestyles to find her though, as you suggest.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast