+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Who is more shallow men or women?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Actually, I think that's a BRILLIANT idea
    Indi? You might make in a month what you make in a year on the 'Genius Hottie' tour

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Travelling gives an intelligent person an appreciation for how good we have it here (in Canada/US). I didn't visit country clubs and resorts. A wise relation once told me to travel to see the people of a country, so that's what I did.

My examples of activities was just to contrast with the standard bar scene. Assuming I once fit the category of intelligent, pretty women suitable for a relationship. Certainly, I managed to peg out on that category for at least one guy. If that's not how people meet today, then I guess I'm wrong. Not sure how I'll manage to deal with that... But it would be nice to see *someone* making a suggestion on the subject. Clearly Neo has yet to find success, so whatever path he is on isn't working for him as far as that specific goal is measured.
    Sweety, this aint the 70's and America is no longer a first world country. Canada is better but not that far off the USA. I wouldn't compare Australia to the USA as having a similar standard of living, there is just no comparison.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    George, I have lived in the US, Canada and Australia. Have you lived in any of the those countries other than Oz? Visits don't count.

While I would move to Oz in a heartbeat, its not for its better standard of living compared to Canada. They are very similar. I would move there for the climate.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Indi, what advice to disprove? That a guy should jetset to find an intelligent, educated woman who happens to be cute, single and have a nice personality too?
    Why are so many of you focussed on the travel? My point is simple: don't go looking for apples in a corn field.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    George, I have lived in the US, Canada and Australia. Have you lived in any of the those countries other than Oz? Visits don't count.

While I would move to Oz in a heartbeat, its not for its better standard of living compared to Canada. They are very similar. I would move there for the climate.
    Yes I have lived in the USA. The poverty is simply amazing. The standard of living that is on offer to most people would simply not be acceptable in Australia.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Yes I have lived in the USA. The poverty is simply amazing. The standard of living that is on offer to most people would simply not be acceptable in Australia.
    I don't know about geographically, but I believe we're at least 10 times larger in population.

Quantity goes up, quality always comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I don't know about geographically, but I believe we're at least 10 times larger in population.

Quantity goes up, quality always comes down.
    Australia has higher standard of living than NZ so not always is your statement true.

It's so funny when people from the little countries get all pissed off and start throwing those "You silly Americans" insults around.

Guess what, Georgie. The USA *is* a great power, still. It is arguably the most powerful country in the world. Our living standards outside of the financial crisis have been good enough.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 16-12-09 at 08:00 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What does power have to do with it? We are discussing standard of living. China is a superpower also and their economy is kicking the US ass, which is why Obama treads softly.

But China's living and human rights standards are abysmal. A country with those resources and poor standards says they are doing something very wrong.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yea, I don't care how powerful our military is. If my quality of life sucks the country sucks. The population is getting to high in America. Soon the Rush hour won't be an hour and will be 24/7 and unemployment will be ridiculous. Blame it on what ever you want. I think America let way to many people in over the borders.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 17-12-09 at 02:59 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    It's so funny when people from the little countries get all pissed off and start throwing those "You silly Americans" insults around.

Guess what, Georgie. The USA *is* a great power, still. It is arguably the most powerful country in the world. Our living standards outside of the financial crisis have been good enough.
    No, no they haven't been good in a long time.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We got mexicans writing MS13 and LK all over the port o potty walls.

In response, somebody drew a swastika with 88 below it.

One of the guys from my work almost got in it with this one mexican because whenever Americans go to the taco truck, we get in line.

When the hispanics get to the taco truck they walk in front and scream from the back.

I had the urge to turn around and clock the mexican, but then one of them that I've talked to in passing let me in front of him because I had already been waiting longer. Still, though, I kinda wish there would be a brawl, a few arrests, and a lot of deportations.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    It's arguably because US is a great power, that the standard of living is poorer. Imagine how much better off US would have been if all that money financing wars, interfering with other countries politics and financing the industrial military complex was spent on improving the standards of living, public infrastructure and health care. US would probably be the best country in the world to live in right now if only it's resources were dedicated to the right areas.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Which is why I don't support continuing this stupid war.

Yeah, the US f*cked up by not simply annihilating and colonizing the countries we've occupied, but since we're not going to, we should issue an "oops, we f*cked up!" and then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Which is why I don't support continuing this stupid war.

Yeah, the US f*cked up by not simply annihilating and colonizing the countries we've occupied, but since we're not going to, we should issue an "oops, we f*cked up!" and then leave.
    LOL ! UN declares war on the USA. You would lose horribly.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast