+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is more shallow men or women?

Men and women exhibit much the same types of shallowness: easy willingness to judge others solely on the basis of wealth, attractiveness, "charisma," and other superficial criteria.

The difference between the sexes is that men can learn to overcome the human tendency to live by shallow standards, and women cannot.

Male shallowness is superficial, female shallowness is profound.

Shallowness in men is skin-deep. A male, caught young, can be taught to see and value true worth. Truly mature men develop emotional personalities that forbid value judgments of other people.

In women, shallowness is an essential part of their being-- bone deep, and impossible to remove from their emotional makeup. Short of giving girls a lobotomy at birth, there is no way to separate women from the thin, emotional judgmentalism that is essential to the female view of life, the universe, and everything.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by chump4u View Post
    Male shallowness is superficial, female shallowness is profound.
    This was great, Chump. Best meaningless post in a while. Ever thought about politics?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    IndiReloaded says:

"Women are interested in... furthering the human race."

huh? Name one scientific advancement by a woman that furthered the human race.
    Do you have a good relationship with your mother?

HDM13 says:

"Do you have a good relationship with your mother?"

no

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    I would say women are more shallow since they give more importance to appearance and materialistic things. Just look at all the dumb shit they buy into to improve their looks: makeup, jewelry, hair, nails, fashion, purses, etc.
    I second this by pointing out that it doesn't matter how intelligent, confident or self actualized a man is a woman will drop that guy for someone less unique if hes got money.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

You can't really say, it depends - who is the man and who is the woman, some women interested just in money and looks and some men are the same.

Notice how most of the comments made so far are by men... LOL
    It is always down to the individual, generalising the genders has never been a good idea.

Anyway, think about in the past and even now, where poor young girls are force marriaged off to dirty old men in arranged marriages. The shallow ones in that case are the men (who can't wait to get their hands and other parts all over that young fresh pussy), the girls are the poor victims there. They don't get a choice.

In the example of bitchy bimbo gold diggers, yes they are shallow and the men in that case are happy victims haha. Yet the men, knowing that the women are screwing them over finance wise, minus real love, continue to let it happen because they are equally as superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Marie Curie. Two nobel prizes for her work on radioisotopes.
    Just so we're clear on this, that was MY work she stole, along with her cohort Edison who stole my light bulb idea.

I really don't see why people argue with Indi, she's like a walking google search bar.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Without a doubt women are more shallow. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Notice how most of the comments made so far are by men... LOL
    A very shallow observation, made by...a female.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Women are not more shallow than men, but society raises them to be. All what Neo said, is expected in women.

Then again, men are raised to be this and that too. But somehow I have an impression that we are able to grow out of this better than women. But I am a male, so i cannot be neutral by nature in this question.
    Last edited by boobaa; 08-11-09 at 07:06 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

I notice how no one took notice of my other comments...
    I take it that means I was right..?

Women are raised shallow by men. Initially women are to look good for men, to attract men, attract a male yada yada procreation. If a man looks unappealing but has money/status society accepts him (e.g. look at those wrinkly male politicians). Whereas women must conform to men's/society's ideals or she will not survive (e.g. female newsreaders).

Anyway consider that age has much to do with shallow behavior. There is a point where youth are more conscious of their appearances to fit in with trends etc even males (metrosexuals), older adults care for status representation and getting some and the really old usually don't give a damn seeing as they have half a body in the grave anyway.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the shallowness is equal

If there is the argument that men want women to have meaningless sex, then there can also be the argument that women want men to have children. Which one is more costly and requires a greater length and depth of shallowness? My vote goes to women.

Okay says:

"Women are raised shallow by men. Initially women are to look good for men, to attract men, attract a male yada yada procreation. If a man looks unappealing but has money/status society accepts him (e.g. look at those wrinkly male politicians). Whereas women must conform to men's/society's ideals or she will not survive (e.g. female newsreaders)."

what a crock of shit! Don't blame men for women's own shallowness. Nobody is forcing them to wear makeup, jewelry, the latest fashion, accessories, heels, etc. They bring that on themselves. In fact, most guys will tell you they prefer a girl who is low-maintenance vs high-maintenance.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast