+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is more shallow men or women?

Yeah but men seem to care more about the physical attractiveness of their partner than women do. MAYBE girls like to be superficially beautiful cause they know they can attract boys with it

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I read somewhere that on average women have bland personalities in comparison to men. Men are constantly trying to sell themselves. They've got to develop a product that appeals to women, and women typically want more than looks.

I've been considering that. Granted, I've only known a tiny slice of the world's population but I can safely say that the most interesting characters I've encountered were all male.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Gribble, good point. Men in general have to sell themselves more than women in order to be accepted. It should come as no surprise that we spend more time improving our personality than women, who invest more resources improving their appearance. And women say men are shallow. lol

i'm proud to be shallow.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I wouldn't say I'm shallow.
    I wouldn't say I'm bland.
    Then again, I'm not your average female, either.

I think a lot of this is based on environmental and cultural influences. It largely depends on how you were raised, and what values were echoed more in your youth.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Except for one thing, Neo. Women don't have to develop strong personalities because men care more about appearances.

Let's face it, would you rather **** a ditzy babe or a comical porker? I don't think it means women are shallower.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I'm dippy, comical, and a bit of a porker! Guys still **** me!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Assuming the pics you've posted are accurate you are by no means a porker. Not even a bit of one. In fact, you're quite pretty.

I think that if you were to compare the sexual exploits of an unattractive man with a great personality to his female counterpart you'd find the guy has a much easier time attracting mates. I'm basing this off my own personal observations, so understand it's just an opinion. Ugly dudes get laid way more than ugly chicks.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

LOL This is true.

I only say porker because child bearing has left me with what is known as a "spare tire". Can't get it to go away.

I will say I have porked some not-so-hot guys because their personalities were very characteristic. Or because they're funny. If you can keep me lol-ing you can usually score.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I read somewhere that on average women have bland personalities in comparison to men. Men are constantly trying to sell themselves. They've got to develop a product that appeals to women, and women typically want more than looks.

I've been considering that. Granted, I've only known a tiny slice of the world's population but I can safely say that the most interesting characters I've encountered were all male.
    Thats cause you havnt met me
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Gribble says:

"Except for one thing, Neo. Women don't have to develop strong personalities because men care more about appearances."

men may give more preference to looks, but this is no different than any other animal in the world. Since reproduction is driven by attraction, we are naturally drawn to females that look healthy and fertile. After all, our offspring would share both of our genes and phenotype (appearance) is the manifestation of our genotype. However, nobody is forcing women not to develop their personalities. That is their own choosing.

"Let's face it, would you rather **** a ditzy babe or a comical porker? I don't think it means women are shallower."

this is no different than if the situation were reversed for women. So the argument that men are more shallow b/c we prefer to sleep with attractive women is canceled out.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    Gribble, good point. Men in general have to sell themselves more than women in order to be accepted. It should come as no surprise that we spend more time improving our personality than women, who invest more resources improving their appearance. And women say men are shallow. lol

neo i think it's fair to say that you spend by far the most time out of any woman on this forum on your appearance.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble says:

"Ugly dudes get laid way more than ugly chicks."

no way, bro. An ugly chick just has to put out easily and guys will still f*ck her. Plus she can always wear makeup to go from a 3/10 to a 5/10. Guys have no such luck.

misombra says:

"neo i think it's fair to say that you spend by far the most time out of any woman on this forum on your appearance."

how so?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    This is a truism. Guys will narrow it down, but ultimately, its women who do the choosing. Just like bower birds.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPbWJPsBPdA"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast