+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why cant i cry :(

My heart goes out to you so much...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    he was my half brother, i didnt know him that well

I'm exactly the same. I had a friend of over 20 years die a few weeks ago, and I didn't even come close to crying. I've had others (family) close die too, and though I felt bad and - like you - felt I should have cried, nothing came. I don't feel cold though, just more emotionally intact than others when it comes to grieving. I'm also not a big fan of drama-queens who blubber all over the place when someone even remotely connected to them, dies.

I do find it interesting that someone you hardly knew dies, and you cry for 5 hours though....is this all because you felt you had to/should?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I'm exactly the same. I had a friend of over 20 years die a few weeks ago, and I didn't even come close to crying. I've had others (family) close die too, and though I felt bad and - like you - felt I should have cried, nothing came. I don't feel cold though, just more emotionally intact than others when it comes to grieving. I'm also not a big fan of drama-queens who blubber all over the place when someone even remotely connected to them, dies.

I do find it interesting that someone you hardly knew dies, and you cry for 5 hours though....is this all because you felt you had to/should?
    No, not because i felt i had to or should. I was alone so wasnt any 'judgement' being made by my reaction.
    It just came, and stayed for 5 hours, and i havnt since.
    Afterwards i felt better, like a sort of relief. I very rarely cry and am not one to really show any emotion.

ok. I only said that because earlier you said that you felt like you should. I've felt that way too, and it never happens for some reason. the way I see it we're all made a little different, and we shouldn't ever feel 'not right' about it.

I'm sorry for your loss, and glad to see you're feeling a bit better.

Oh qwerty, I'm so sorry, do you have your family with you? hope you are ok....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    im ok...only have 2 other family members(excluding my son) and they live ages away.

but i'll be ok, i always am

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12