+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend of 6 years says she wants to be left alone

Girlfriend of 6 years says she wants to be left alone

My girlfriend for 6 years doesn't love me anymore and wants to be left alone for 2 weeks already. I love her so much and it hurts that she doesn't feel the same way anymore.

Everyone is telling me to not call her, txt her, but everyday is so emotionally painful i cant eat right and have been taking sleeping pills to pass time. We've gone through so much i don't want to lose her.

I have so many remembrances of her.

6 years is a long time for me and I never stopped loving her. She has stopped loving me because she says I am smothering her as of now. She lives in her own apartment. I live at home with my mom and sis. we are about 40 min away from each other and I have been traveling like this for 6 years everyday if you round it off. Now she wants to break ties with me and it's hard.

I've even gone to her apartment even though she didn't invite me just to hear what is happening inside from the outside of her door and then go home. It gave me a sigh of relief doing so a few times already. I really miss her. Please help.

is this a sudden thingy or you "sensed" it brewing for sometime already?

Time to go buy a journal. Seriously, write. Everytime you want to call her or text her, pick up a pen and write it all out. Then write some more, and keep writing. Leave her alone and try to get yourself some clairity.

I'm doing this myself right now and it really does help.

DO NOT go to her apartment to spy on her!

That is creepy and illegal. No one wants a stalker. Ever.

I get that you miss her, but that is not how to act toward someone you care about.
    Last edited by Heratriumphant; 26-10-09 at 07:27 PM.

leave her alone.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Time to go buy a journal. Seriously, write. Everytime you want to call her or text her, pick up a pen and write it all out. Then write some more, and keep writing. Leave her alone and try to get yourself some clairity.

I'm doing this myself right now and it really does help.
    Heratriumphant is right,
    I know to well the pain your going through, and right now your heart and your mind are fighting it out. your heart tells you one thing and your mind says another. You need time to sort things out and writing them down will help.

Please, please jpinlac...just let it go. She is gone. Don't fall for the "oh, I just need some time to decide what I want" bullcrap. I made that mistake in my younger years with two guys. It's just a stalling tactic people say to soften the blow. But what actually happens is, it puts you in limbo hoping against hope that the other person will come around and decide to return. They don't. One guy asked me to give him two weeks. I did...and AGONIZED the WHOLE time!! You know what? When he did decide to completely break it off after our "two week" break, I actually felt a lot better because, even though I was still really sad, I at least finally felt free to move forward with my life.

Leave her alone. When she comes back you get 2 weeks free of being left alone card anytime you want.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."