+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "sorry I didn't reply to ur message, but I was busy and I have it in my mailbox..."

"sorry I didn't reply to ur message, but I was busy and I have it in my mailbox..."

Hi there ladies,

I have the following question. I happens to me with enough regularity so I though I'd ask.

I call/email/text a woman. She doen't reply. Then the next time we see each other in person, she says something like "oh, I'm sorry I didn't answer your call, but I SAW YOU CALLED ME." Or: "Sorry I didn't reply to your message, but I was busy, but it's ok cause your message is in my mailbox so I have it."

It's like she is aknowledging I contacted her and she is aware of that (as if in order to calm me down? reassure me she didn't snub me? ;-)

It's kinda ridiculous to me since if you don't want to answer fine, I get the hint, why come back to it the first time she sees me again? To string me along, maybe, so "I don't lose hope"? To play cool, like she is "unavailable and hence higher value and desirable"? :-)

So, what does that mean more or less?

Your assistance will be welcome.

I'd guess that she's not interested, but doesn't want to be rude.

Yeah, that's what I figured but...

In each case it was THEM giving me indications of interest or contacting me first out of the blue... Which is why I am having some difficulties with this one.

At first, I though it was some kind of power play, to bait me into expressing interest in them... so they can walk away and be "cool" or something...

I though th exact same thing, they're just not that into me, ha, ha, ha... but one month down theline it is them AGAIN signalling they're interested.. like WTF? Is it not enough comfort, or they're feeling "they're not good enough" somehow?

Maybe you just attract flakey chicks?

I suppose it could be shyness, but i'd think after doing this once or twice even the shyest girl would get over it and call you back.

Nah... it's not them just being flakey...

I must be doing something to trigger this reaction and I don't know what it is, it is somewhat annoying ;-)

Maybe I give out the "too cool for school" vibe myself, so they do not feel qualified enuff...