+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flu Season

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    Latest news. In Ukraine ,there is already an alarming situation. Some virus is killing quite fast (last 24h - 14 dead people /total 34 ),causing bad pneumonia , people are asked to stay at home and leave just if necessary and to wear masks.On board with Poland are made special controls . thrusday morning there was already 326 sick people. Looks like some virus changed into something new. Should we be scared? Naaaah ,what don't kill me , will make me stronger Anyway if it's a new wirus,there is no vaccine against it yet so anywayyyy - come what may
    Oh, that's the lose-an-eye-if-it-doesn't-kill-you, virus.

But like you said, whatever doesn't kill you!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Oh, that's the lose-an-eye-if-it-doesn't-kill-you, virus.

But like you said, whatever doesn't kill you!
    Well let's cllose ukrainian boarders and there won't be no problem The weakest ukrainian ones will lose,the strongest survive.Or Ukraine become a huge Raccoon City like in Resident Evil They already did it once (Czarnobyl) - they can do twice ; )
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Czarnobyl?

Chernobyl?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Czarnobyl?

Chernobyl?
    If I say Чорнобиль will it be clearer to You?
    For me it's Czarnobyl and I think if Ukrainians would have normal alphabet they would write it like that

PS. Or it's just my polish 'I want it like that' Well I just think 'Chernobyl' sounds too english
    I wazzzz here

Should we be scared? Naaaah ,what don't kill me , will make me stronger Anyway if it's a new wirus,there is no vaccine against it yet so anywayyyy - come what may

Vaccines are far too useful to just pass up. In fact, they have been quite revolutionary to medicine. Why try to fight off something when you can prep your immune system for it ahead of time?

Besides, I was vaccinated against the common flu strain(s) for this area -- I was not prepared for any new strain of flu. Luckily, my immune system made short work of it. I'm still a little weak, but not as sickly anymore.

It's in your best interest not to pass up an advantage when you see one.

well i've been mildly sick for the last month, first time i've ever felt this bad, i never get sick. it just won't go away. i dunno what it is, but i hope to fck it goes properly soon. i'm eating a shit load of garlic and other herbs, no drinking alcohol and staying in with layers and layers on with the fireplace roaring, i'm really not understanding why it happened first off (coz i generally have a very strong immunity) and why it will not go away. it's drivin' me mad. it's really starting to irritate me coz i can't make any plans with friends.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Vaccines are far too useful to just pass up. In fact, they have been quite revolutionary to medicine. Why try to fight off something when you can prep your immune system for it ahead of time?

Besides, I was vaccinated against the common flu strain(s) for this area -- I was not prepared for any new strain of flu. Luckily, my immune system made short work of it. I'm still a little weak, but not as sickly anymore.

It's in your best interest not to pass up an advantage when you see one.
    I still think the best vacinne is to get sick once and make it through.After that Your body learns how to fight against that kids of thing.I never got vaccinated against flu.I was sick few times ,but I didn't die. It's all because my parents took a good care for me (I was younger) and didn't let me get more sick. I always got better and 'happily survived'. Swine flu is the same shit even better... Look the virus which I was talking about on the Ukraine... Most of those deaths are because of normal flu But still in tv they are screaming out the A/H1N1 name but if it goes to normal flu they are quiet... Why? Because they need to sell vaccine for swine flu.Simple as a pimple... Dunno why people still belive in that vaccine... You that it may cause side effects? Right, then take it if You want, I'm not going to take it.
    It's fine to take vaccines against sicknesses if they are already checked and it's SURE 100% SURE they are helping not bringing You other diseases... But this vaccine... They even didn't wait few months to see if there are no serious side effects... So good luck I'm not going to take that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    well i've been mildly sick for the last month, first time i've ever felt this bad, i never get sick. it just won't go away. i dunno what it is, but i hope to fck it goes properly soon. i'm eating a shit load of garlic and other herbs, no drinking alcohol and staying in with layers and layers on with the fireplace roaring, i'm really not understanding why it happened first off (coz i generally have a very strong immunity) and why it will not go away. it's drivin' me mad. it's really starting to irritate me coz i can't make any plans with friends.
    Ireland I remember that every house had a fireplace I love itt
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The swine flu vaccine isn't new. They are using old technology.

I generally favor vaccines, and don't understand not getting them. I remember having mothers intentionally expose their children to chickenpox when I was growing up, never understanding that the same dormant virus can give you shingles as an old person.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok Vashti ,so this one :
    You're American o You should know that story.70's -base Fort Dix in New Jersey.One soldier dies for a new kind of flu virus ,many others get sick. Health Department said that there is a risk of mutation of that virus and of pandemy like the one in 1918.
    They made quick vaccines and gave it to 40 millions of Americans.After 10 days they stopped.Why?Because there was around 500 cases of Guillian-Barre syndrome, neurological illness causing nerves paralysis.
    This vaccine was also supposed to be safe. And in the end it was worst than the whole virus. Cause virus killed one person and at least dozens of people died because of the complications after taking vaccine.

So should we really belive our governments that everything is safe? Especially if for example in Germany Government and Bundeswehr get other vaccines than people and in US Obama doesn't want to vaccinate his own kids saying at the same time that everybody should vaccinate their own children? Or WHO is saying that vaccines are safe for pregnant woman but they didn't even do any test on pregnant woman. Do I have a reason to belive them?

Really it's not safe to say it's stupid or not to not vaccinate against Swine flu.
    It just pisses me off that all news are talking about it like it's really a pandemy when at the same time MORE people die for a normal FLU. The one we have all the time ,everywhere ! Damn? Why AIDS isn't a pandemy?
    I wazzzz here

actually i was reading some interesting info on HIV and the relation to AIDS recently. background sexual history info actually helps the tester to say one has HIV or not...weird when you'd think a blood analysis should be straight forward...it's supposed to be science after all. in regard to vaccines and swine flu. 25 people died from complications of the vaccine in the 70's and many hundreds of others had adverse affects lasting from a few months to their full debilitating lives. quite honestly it would have been safer statistically to survive the virus than the vaccination in the 70's but the pharma companies got the american government to buy all the vaccines and therefore the government had to use the lot. this time if any adverse reactions happen the pharma companies have covered their asses. they cannot be sued. the WHO have allowed thymerisol (i think that's how you spell?) due to the fact that pharmacists and GP's need extra protection from any contamination. this thymerisol derivative of mercury (the most toxic substance on earth to man) has been removed due to links with autism and other life long health issues and has now been reinstated by the WHO for this so called swine flue pandemic. i'd rather take my chances with the flu itself. it's a money racket at the cost of lives to the public.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's what I'm talking about...
    And about AIDS I've read recently very good theory about how it began. Long story short, monkey blood was used to cure malaria already in 20's .Animals were tasted even few months and were 'healthy' but nobody tested them for HIV virus because simply nobody knew about that back then.This kind of remedy was discovered by english doctors. American government was giving it to Alcatras and Sing-Sing prisoners.Of course homosexual relations there were high and after war,there was amnesty and prisoners got out and it's how it got started.It's really long story short,wish You could read whole article...
    I wazzzz here

If I say Чорнобиль will it be clearer to You?
    Cornobilj.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Cornobilj.
    Dunno how it's spelled. I have no idea about that alphabet For me it could be yophobnab lol
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really have a problem with otherwise-healthy people opting out of the flu virus, but people who are at elevated risk of death from flu should get it, in my opinion. there is some squaking from a small number of health care workers who don't want to take the vaccines, but they are at elevated risk of contracting it, and they care for people who are already sick, and can pass it along before even showing symptoms.

All medications come with risk, but the risk of death from flu is much greater than the risk of death from a vaccine.

Dunno how it's spelled. I have no idea about that alphabet For me it could be yophobnab lol
    Cornobilj na srpskom. Srpski ima cirilica i latinica azbuka i je slovenskih jezik. Pises li ne cirilica?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast