+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flu Season

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    He's the president of USA,he can have everything
    We have two other branches of government -- the legislative and judicial to complement the executive branch (which includes the president). This was set up to keep any one branch from having too much power and too little consequence -- essentially to set up checks and balances. Albeit it looks better on paper than in practice... the arrangement of the government still doesn't allow the president of the USA to have "everything." Quite often the president can be (and is) overruled by one of the other branches (particularly the legislative).

I know it's a delightful game to poke and make fun of the American government and the officials we elect... but contrary to all stereotypes and myths, our government isn't nearly so incompetent or as corrupt as people would like to believe. Yes, we have problems... but what government doesn't? Seems to me that America is more inclined to admit their own faults than other countries are. Leaves one to wonder about those who praise their country overly so or remain completely silent about the issue.

Many apologies for the little rant, but eventually you have to stand up for your country... I mean, it's home.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't want to say there is corruption or that stuff there.I mean vaccine is such a small thing that he could get it whenever he wanted to... Come on.His kids aren't normal kids. They are the 'first kids' of USA it means something. Don't tell me president of such a big country is waiting behind normal people to get a vaccine... Don't because I won't belive
    I wazzzz here

Actually, pushing your way to the front of the line for health services is the most anti-public servant thing I can imagine and would not be politically expedient. Obama was elected because he's seen as a "man of the people".
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I know it's a delightful game to poke and make fun of the American government and the officials we elect... but contrary to all stereotypes and myths, our government isn't nearly so incompetent or as corrupt as people would like to believe. Yes, we have problems... but what government doesn't? Seems to me that America is more inclined to admit their own faults than other countries are. Leaves one to wonder about those who praise their country overly so or remain completely silent about the issue.
    “It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”
    --Churchill

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

HaHA! I have already seen the great thing!!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tho I'm not in Poland anymore,finally I feel proud for them poland is not going to buy vaccines as long as they won't finish the tests and won't be 100% sure. Besides as I remember good,nobody died in Poland for AH1N1 and the people with swine flu are better health than the ones with normal flu.
    And no, most of the people in Poland and actually in Europe don't give a funk about swine flu and aren't going to vaccinate.And those who are,are probobly watching too much of tv where everyday You can hear ' DANGEROUS VIRUS IS CLOSER AN CLOSER! EPIDEMY ALREADY IN ... .. ..' If You watch that instead of the world around You of course You're going to get crazy.
    I wazzzz here

Petit... it all boils down to keeping things in moderation.

The swine flu isn't approaching hysteria proportions... so it's not like you're guaranteed to die without the vaccine. However, on the flip-side... it's not so harmless to the point to where not vaccinating is more beneficial to the general majority.

You can't choose an extreme where you vaccinate religiously or you choose to not vaccinate at all. Evaluate the severity of the flu, its proximity to you, and the chances you have of contracting it. If it's too close for comfort, vaccinate... if it's not, then use your own discretion.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aera... I'm just irritated how people do such a big deal from swine flu but ignore the fact that there is tons of other illnesses that are doing more harm and people should be more afraid of. I don't know how it is in USA,but in Europe everday whatever what channel You watch,whatever website You check,everywhere there is a histerical information about swine flu. It makes me and a lot of Europe citizens sick.And others who don't have their own brain belive in that crap. There is not a one channel in tv that says how it really is. I'm sick of this propaganda.And I really can't understand how people can belive that the pandemy really is. There is so many fact proving that it's all some big not funny joke that it seems so unreal to me that so many people are still beliving that swine flu is dangerous.
    And it's with everything like that. Most of the people don't know the real truth about how this world function. And it' upsetting me to the bone.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mostly everyone around here has already had some kind of flu. Probably H1N1, so not too worried.

Last year, the people who got the flu shots were actually sicker than those that didn't. Apparently the vaccine was made for the wrong virus.

I don't have a problem with vaccines. We've all been vaccinated for the standards. But, flu is just too damn hard to get right & mutates too quickly. Unless you work in healthcare or service involving direct, prolonged contact w/loads of people (e.g. teachers) where you want to try limit transmission, I just don't see the point.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know the real truth, because I am taking care of some of these patients. The real truth is that for most people, this is going to feel like any other flu. However, the number of people who are sick enough to require hospitalization for respiratory problems and requiring ventilaors has greatly increased in number, and the people are on the average 10 years younger than usual. Also, this flu is causing people to spike temperatures up to 104 degrees.

Again, I don't care if young, healthy people opt to not vaccinate, as long as they aren't exposing themselves to people with chronic medical illnesses. what is no big deal for a 20 year old can kill someone else.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea, sounds right. My guys were up to 103. Otherwise, pretty mild tho. They just slept for a weekend.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have had flu few times,especially when I was younger.I even didn't go to a doctor then ,my father was my 'doctor'. Staying in bed few days,taking vitamins and pill against fever always helped.Home tips were always good for me. Actually I was always healthy untill once I went to a doctor with sick sinuses . Since then I'm sick constantly.

There is a joke/saying , since medicine evolved, more people are sick.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    I
    There is a joke/saying , since medicine evolved, more people are sick.

Since medicine evolved... more people are alive to complain about being sick.

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just read that

[URL="http://littlemountainhomeopathy.wordpress.com/2009/10/26/five-swine-flu-vaccine-deaths-and-over-190-h1n1-vaccine-side-effects-so-far/"]http://littlemountainhomeopathy.wordpress.com/2009/10/26/five-swine-flu-vaccine-deaths-and-over-190-h1n1-vaccine-side-effects-so-far/[/URL]

Those were old people, 'the risk group' that everybody wants to vaccinate. Also the nurses had some side effects. So do You still want to try it on kids and preggos?
    I wazzzz here

what are you talking abt?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234