+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Season

Flu Season

Texas fall finally caught me... got the flu. Hot and cold, tired and fidgety, and hungry until I try to eat. The only good thing about this is that I generally sleep through most of it. Nothing quite like the semi-delirious slumber of fever.

However, this type of flu came on much quicker, is far more severe, but seems to be faster paced. If I can hang on, I think it'll be over in the next day or two.

Here's a toast of NyQuil to a speedy recovery!

I hope it works.

I'm surrounded by the shit. My boss keeps bringing her sick kids to the office and one of my coworkers just had to leave early to pick up her own sick kid.

Seems like just a matter of time until it gets me. I'm tough, though.
    Spammer Spanker

I would say a solid 50% of my economics class was gone today. I'm sure it can partially be blamed on the fact that it a boring class, but the Flu is figured in somewhere.

My roommate had a hangover + food poisoning ------> Flu last week. He just got to feeling better last Friday and is now sick again with what the doctor thinks is H1N1.

Me....idk where I inherited my immune system, but I never get sick. Knock on wood.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Already got the swine flu bitches!!

Naw but seriously, get well. NyQuil every night

Get better soon !! Take advantage of the drug induced haze to envision your next project or two :-)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was exposed to H1N1 at work today. I can't believe they don't immunize health care workers first.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had it too. Not that bad Vash. Just remember: stay home.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mind not going to work if I'm sick... it's just that i am supposed to be up in berkeley on Thursday, and now I am worried I will either get sick before I leave or when I am up there.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, don't take it to the campus either. It only takes one, and you working in a hospital it will be a doozy.

I drank lots of chinese star anise (tamiflu) tea. Helped me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, trust me... It's already all over the campus. California has been hit hard.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Flu? Swine flu?
    I wanted to ask You my American friends, what do You think about the fact that Obama tells people to vaccinate their kids but he refused to vaccinate his own kids?
    Maybe it's because of the shit which is in vaccines. Yukk. Here in Germany everybody can get shot for free if they want. I won't , if I get swine flu or bird flu or whatever flu I'm going to fight with it like everybody did since always. Bed, hot tea and chicken soup from mumma
    anyway I'm sick now and eat 1g antibiotic pills 3 x day :/ And I have heartburn because of that,I hate that :/
    I wazzzz here

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lmao.. vaccines aren't dangerous at all. I can't understand why people don't want to take them

It's as silly as being against transgenic fruit

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [URL="http://www.theflucase.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1421% 3Aron-paul-questions-why-obama-daughters-havent-taken-swine-flu-vaccine&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=64&lang=pl"]http://www.theflucase.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1421% 3Aron-paul-questions-why-obama-daughters-havent-taken-swine-flu-vaccine&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=64&lang=pl[/URL]

It doesn't sound good, the things that this vaccine contains... Well there is lot of people who die each year cause of normal flu,no need to do panick because of this one (which kills much less than the normal flu). Well maybe I'm oldfashioned,but I think flu is nothing bad if You take care of Yourself and stay few days at home... I hate to take meds, I'm already not so happy to take those antibiotics because I took tons of it and I know there comes a time where my immune system will be so weak that i will have problems with really small bacterial infections...
    I've read that pharmaceutical companies don't want to do researches in order to find new antibiotics which could be more helpful ,cause it costs - don't want to lie - but 9 cypher sums- so it simply costs too much.
    And this heartburn...
    I wazzzz here

Fever broke... feeling much better now. Still a little dizzy if I overdo it... but not as bad as it was.

Swine flu will just be something else to add to the mix, along with West Nile Virus and anything else that turns up here. Hell if the water out in the sticks doesn't kill ya, I figure nothing will.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Latest news. In Ukraine ,there is already an alarming situation. Some virus is killing quite fast (last 24h - 14 dead people /total 34 ),causing bad pneumonia , people are asked to stay at home and leave just if necessary and to wear masks.On board with Poland are made special controls . thrusday morning there was already 326 sick people. Looks like some virus changed into something new. Should we be scared? Naaaah ,what don't kill me , will make me stronger Anyway if it's a new wirus,there is no vaccine against it yet so anywayyyy - come what may
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast