+ Follow This Topic

Thread: time and obligation

time and obligation

ive been going out with my gf for about 8 months, weve broken up a few times and its happened again, but this time its kinda nobodys fault. She's startin school here soon, but ive already graduated and she's a cheerleader and she's in drama and she still has to keep her grades up for her parents, when we started goin last year during school her gpa dropped more than she has ever had it drop before. Well she came to the conclusion that it was time for us to end our realtionship so she could concentrate on her things this year and since i dont have school with her anymore we would hardly get to see each other, i came up with a few solutions with that, but then she told me she dosent want to have to feel her every free moment with me, which i can understand and she dosent want to be thinkin about me during school, like when she'll be able to see me or having to call me. Anybody else had this problem? We cant stand to be seperated but its the only thing we can think of. Is this the end of our relationship?

it doesn't have to be the end. It seems like a relatively easy issue to me. Explore other options- check out your individual schedules try synchronizing here and there am sure you will find some time to be together. Breaking up since she has to keep 'her GPA up for her parents' sounds abit melodramatic. Why is she doing it for them anyway?
    All the best S.

No this is not the end. let her come to you when she is ready and she will come to you. Right now i think she needs some time to figure out how to organize her school schedule and study time, as you know school is very important. I dont think that you guys really needed to break up that was a bit extreme especially since you are so supportive. Are there any underlying issues here?