+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Grinding Your Crush

Grinding Your Crush

Background:
    She was someone I knew of before. I had heard from my friend (the introducer) that she had a boyfriend that recently moved out of the country to work. For the most part, she's described to be the faithful/loyal girlfriend type...

What Happened:
    We all went to a party, got a few drinks, chatted up and proceeded to dance/grind. Occasionally, we held hands while dancing. She never mentioned her bf, though I knew about it from a previous convo with my friend. She only danced with me the whole time.

Recently:
    So we're friends on FB and have some pretty qualitative stuff in common. She never initiates the online convos though.

My Question The Ladies:
    1) I don't expect a girl to immediately tell me she's taken after being introduced, but any guy who did those things with a girl at a party would think she's single and interested. Does anyone know the reasoning behind a supposedly faithful GF doing this with a guy? Is it just that some woman are just flirty and see this as acceptable?

2) The fact that it's been a couple days and she doesn't really approach me for online convos is a bit confusing too. She talks (on FB) when I initiate, but rarely does she act in the typical way people act when they're interested. Is this a sign that what happened at the party was just "one of those party moments"?
    Last edited by abodekobe; 30-10-09 at 03:26 PM.

looks like she had fun that night, but she's leaving it there.

here's something to think about.....why would you be interested in a girl that grinds other guys when she's taken? you've experienced it first hand, and now you want something to do with this girl?

She has a boyfriend. That's all you need to know. Leave her alone.
    Spammer Spanker

Hmm.. maybe "crush" was too strong of a term. I'm attracted to her, but its not on the level of infatuation or thoughts of being her boyfriend.

At this point, I see it as a someone who briefly got to know and have fun with an attractive, yet attached girl. I'm not one to fall head-over-heels over someone I don't know very well, so maybe there is a slight misunderstanding here.

I simply want to get to know her better as a person. Yet, I don't want to give off "girlfriend stealer" vibes or anything related to me starting a relationship with her. It's just a bit hard to establish a friendship/relationship of any sort when your first meeting with the girl is bumpin and grinding her...lol

Also, the online chats that I initiate aren't done so that I can flirt with her. I just ask her questions about her work, school, life, etc...as any friend would.

Do women have an eye for when guys chat them up online? I get the feeling she's hesistant about opening up to me (as a friend), because we both started off our friendship in that promiscuous sort of way. How do I get her to open up without giving her the vibes that I'm gonna steal her away or something? LOL

you're giving yourself a little too much credit, dude. have you stopped to think that maybe she feels guilty for doing what she did? if that's the case, the last person she's going to want to hang out with is the source of that guilt.

also, be honest. you don't want to get to know her....you want to get inside her. there's nothing wrong with that of course, except for the fact that she's taken.

leave her be.