+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Signals

Mixed Signals

Well, this a long post, and is pretty much my entire love life.

Last year, I met a girl. I was thirteen. She was my first real crush. Let's call her Susan. Me and Susan eventually found each other talking more and more in school, hanging out, and eventually we formed a friendship for about a month. Two months later I asked her out. I rode home on the bus smiling the entire way home - she had said yes! She said she had a crush on me for months now, and eventually we went to movies, hung out at the park, and so on. The friendship was one month, the crush was two months, and in the end our relationship lasted eight months (after the three months before asking out)... but basically, we were in love. We talked on the phone for hours, and after six months of dating we finally said we loved each other. Importantly, we talked on GMail Chat which lets you save your chats for future viewing. But eventually drama unfolded, and she broke up with me. I pretty much fell into a depression for two months. I had loved her, it was my first love, and I felt like crap. I'd ride my bike to the park where we first kissed and just stood there, looking at the tree where we once kissed and I cried. It sucked. Two months passed from the breakup, and I had compiled the general reason why she had broke up with me: 1. She told me that I had changed, that I didn't love her as much. 2. She was, coincedentally, going out with one of her exes. Their relationship exploded and died within a week, and it was kinda funny. But then comes the summer, and I completely cut off communication to her. Until this school year - I come in to school, completely unattached to her. Hell, I even asked out another girl. But one problem - My best friend and Susan's best friend were both pressuring me to ask Susan out again. I didn't know why. My best friend said she was perfect for me, Susan's best friend said that Susan needed me. One morning, Susan was standing at this group of lockers that I always hang out at with my best friend this morning. Me and my friend arrived and she just left. Then, the next day, I got text messages from her. I'll basically sum it up.

Susan: Are you still friends with me?
    Me: Maybe?
    Susan: What do you mean?
    Me: I haven't talked to you in months...
    Susan: I know...
    Me: Oh...
    Susan: So what's up?

Me: Random Smalltalk
    Susan: More random smalltalk

Me: Yeah, Bill had the flu.
    Susan: Do you sometimes wish we were still... you know...
    Me: Together?
    Susan: Yeah.
    Me: It's not a swear word. And why do you ask?
    Susan: Maybe?
    Me: Well...
    Susan: But when I look at the old GMail chats when we were so happy...
    Me: I guess...
    Susan: I'm not saying I like you, but I'm just...
    Me: Of course.

Now, she's been pretty annoying for the past year of my life. I seem to have a mental disease where I can not understand how the hell this girl really feels about me. But the thing is, now... I think I might want to ask her back out. I know it's the stupidest thing I could do. She broke my heart, likely just to go out with her ex. All the evidence points to that. But now they failed terribley and she just might want me back, and I have been trying to avoid it... But I really think I might like her again.

But, I just want to ask these questions to get your opinion. I understand you're not in the shoes of me, her and our numerous friends, and my explanation is actually quite poor. But...

a) Do you think she likes/loves/is interested in me?
    b) Am I stupid to like/love/be interested in her?
    c) How is Love Forum is so awesome? XD

Thanks for everything.

My opinion is that asking her out again would be just about as smart as jumping into the shark tank at the aquarium.
    Spammer Spanker

The general idea that she is trying to sell to me is that if we got back together, it would pretty much forget about all the drama that broke us up, and it would go back to be happy lovey time.

I had a small giggle then, because I read your post too quickly and thought you said you rode her home on the bus smiling all the way, lol.

on the contrary, you explained yourself better than a lot of adults here.....you're 14 you say? it's good to see a kid who's not a grammatical retard. anyway, on to the q's.

a) no. it sounds like she lost, regrets it, and would like to save some face. her friends may be telling her she was mad to break up with you, etc.

b) yes, get over it. plenty of other fish in the sea, and all that.

Thanks flea, it's nice to not be the stereotypical Halo-playing gramar rtArd ON tehh Intrwbesites.

a) Actually a pretty good explanation, made me connect some dots.

b) Seems to be my only option.

no worries mate, good luck with it all.