+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How many white women fantasize black guys?

BTW, I've had bad experiences dating European men so I've written them off as well. I'm an equal opportunist hater.

I think that you snapped on MikeL a bit when all he did was state the exact same thing you did LailaK. He said "what finally did me in with black woman was....". He didn't categorize all black women as ghetto. He had some bad experiences just like you did, and decided not to date that group just like you did (actually it looks like you made that decision twice).
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

I didn't snap on him. I said all black women aren't ghetto.

He didn't say "I know not all black women are like this but what did me in was..."

How was I supposed to know he wasn't generalizing?

I know I'm doing the same thing he is. I think it's natural and normal for people to have preferences based on their experiences. I'm just saying you can have your preference without bashing on a group of people. You will never hear me say: "Black men suck, that's why I don't date them." I know that's an untrue and unfair statement.

you might as well say that. what you're saying in so many words is "i'm going to have the same bad experience (ie, he's going to cheat on me, or whatever) with any black man i date. therefore i won't date them."

it's generalizing. horrible logic. and it is bashing them.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I disagree.

Who I choose to date is my business. I shouldn't have to date Black men in order to be politically correct.

As long as I'm not spouting bigotry and hatred and vile non-sense, it's not anyone's business except for mine.

The same goes for Mike.
    Last edited by LailaK; 01-10-10 at 11:14 AM.

you disagree with logic?

I disagree with you if you think I should HAVE to date any type of man I don't want to.

You don't know my experiences and I'm not going to share them because they're personal and painful.

If my experiences make me not want to date Black men that's a decision that only affects me so I don't see what the big deal is. I don't hate Black men. I love my father. I just can't bring myself to be romantic with one without baggage from my previous experiences interfering.

I don't think it's a huge deal as long as I'm still respectful to people I meet.

maybe it had less to do with the color of their skin and more to do with your choice in men. your being hurt had nothing to do with the man or men being black.

i don't care who you date. you can date a transexual midget horse for all i care. but you're generalizing. it's an enormous logical fallacy. it's like saying all hispanic women are good for is making babies.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    it's like saying all hispanic women are good for is making babies.
    They also make great cooks.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    maybe it had less to do with the color of their skin and more to do with your choice in men. your being hurt had nothing to do with the man or men being black.

i don't care who you date. you can date a transexual midget horse for all i care. but you're generalizing. it's an enormous logical fallacy. it's like saying all hispanic women are good for is making babies.
    No it's not. I would never say something like that. You're being silly.

It's exactly like saying: "Black men are great, just not for me."

Lots of people feel that way about a lot of different types of people. I'd go so far as to say it's normal and there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're not spreading derogatory stereotypes.

You could date a blond, have a horrible experience and for the rest of your life the sight of a blond would remind you of your ex and deflate your libido. Doesn't make you a horrible person.
    Last edited by LailaK; 01-10-10 at 11:57 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But it is. You're generalizing based off your limited and isolated experiences.

It's no different than someone determing all black men are immature and aggressive based off an encounter with some idiot hood rat.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    But this is what you really said:

I've had really bad experiences dating black men so I've stopped doing it.
    Last edited by Gribble; 01-10-10 at 11:56 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

No it's not. I would never say something like that. You're being silly.

no. it's absolutely not. you are not saying black men are great. you are saying that you had bad experiences with one or two or a few and you will not consider one for dating based on those experiences.

you've written off an entire group based on some isolated experiences.

it is exactly like saying, "a few women have lied to me, therefore they're all liars and i will not date them."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I saw an Arab man with a huge penis today. Also, a little old man I've had before as a patient with a broken penile implant.

Not really related to the topic, other than you all are talking about penises.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think Black men are fine. For other women. Just not for me.

I have a right to make those choices about my life. It's my preference.

I have white friends who say "I wouldn't date a white guy. I find them boring." No one gives them sh*t when they say this.

Why is it that when I say "I don't date black guys. In my experience it doesn't work for me." I get sh*t. That's stupid.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Also, a little old man I've had before as a patient with a broken penile implant.
    Wait. Do they seriously make those? Hah! How does one's junk still function if it's got an implant of some kind?
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast