+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hotel Rules?

Hotel Rules?

So things are trucking along, Peter and I had a date yesterday that was wonderful! Very laid back, pizza at Mellow Mushroom, hanging out on the beach. Well he came all the way here weekend before last so this weekend I am supposed to go see him. . . Here's where the questions come in. . .

Peter is a minister and he lives in a parsonage (which means the church and congregation own his home) so needless to say he can't have a female overnight visitor. I presented him with the following options - I can come visit for the day (it's only 2 hours away) or I can stay at a hotel.

My friends here are saying that if I HAVE to stay in a hotel he should help pay for the hotel. What is the etiquette on this?

The way I was looking at it was I would stay whereever was inexpensive and near him at my cost. If he wants to stay with me at someplace more expensive and on the beach then I thought he should chip in. (Of course I haven't mentioned this to him - I was waiting to hear your sage advice first.)

Thanks guys!
    Jules

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Girl if you want to stay the night~pay your way. IF he wants to spend the night WITH you he goes in on it. SIMPLE. Dont ask him to pay for your room, youre wanting to stay over, your bill. BUT if he wants to share that bed with you, then somehow you can swing it to him on stayin somewhere NICE...

SO~things are truck'n along eh? Im so HAPPY for you Jules~things are lookn mighty fine up there in the panhandle arent they?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

They are looking much better - I'm so thankful for all your help.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

I agree with Squirt, Jules. Definately he should chip in if you two will be sharing the room. But if you want to spend the night and are staying alone then you should pay. I too, am very happy for you. It's so great when things work out like that. Heaven on earth is butterflies in your stomach, sweaty palms when you touch and a sudden attack of the giddies when he glances your way. What a wonderful feeling.