+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How did you fall in love?

Miss_Navi Guest

How did you fall in love?

You met someone... and you fell in love.

What I would like to ask, are just these few questions:

• What made you fall in love with them?
    • How long did it take for you fall in love with them?
    • How did you know that you were in love?
    • How did you cope with the feelings of love, what did you do?
    • How long did it last?

I can say that when I fell in love, my experience became instant. I was to be besotted and love sick for the next coming years, and I cannot stress enough that this is entirely true and if you don't believe me you might as well leave now...

From the moment I saw him, I noticed no flaws. He was older than me but I saw past that. He seemed perfect. I looked at his eyes, and my heart sunk my entire body. I looked at his significantly arched eyebrows, his perfectly straight and pointed nose, his lips with their sexy slight kink. I even looked at his slim, slender body and thought it was flawless and so sexy. There was nothing about him that I didn’t fall in love with.
    He had black hair and up to that point, I hadn’t given a damn about hair colour but now black hair is one of the best features of a guy in my opinion.
    I took one printed picture of him on holiday with me to France and all I remember of that holiday was just thinking about him. At night, I cried in my pillow because the strain of needing and wanting him was so unbearable. I enjoyed all alone time I had... so I could just think and fantasize about him. On car journeys I would look at the stars and picture him and wondered what he was doing at that moment in time, I imagined him flying through the air and running along the road with me. My heart sunk into my soul and I longed for him so badly.
    I dreamt the most beautiful dreams about him, I saw his face in every film I watched, every song I heard, every story I read. Every second of Titanic made sense to me. I imagined him countless times in places and spaces and times and everything, I thought about him all the time every day for 4 years.
    Being in love inspired me to draw (all my pictures were made of love and one was a portrait of him), to act, to paint, to talk about him in video blogs, to write stories, to describe my feelings and longing.
    It was an obsession, but through it I found the deepest form of love for someone I can possibly imagine. He sculpted the way I see men, what I like, he became my base and for a long time I searched for someone who is like him.

Just so you know, a relationship with him would be impossible, and my feelings have died down a lot since this happened a few years ago now, but it changed my life.

So I am wondering, what have been your experiences?
    Last edited by Miss_Navi; 04-11-09 at 06:00 AM.

You're not writing a lame e-book like Baz are you? :-P

Miss_Navi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    You're not writing a lame e-book like Baz are you? :-P
    No way, what happened to me is absolutely one hundred percent true
    Last edited by Miss_Navi; 04-11-09 at 06:42 PM.

What happened to him? Why was a relationship impossible?

What you described is very intense and passionate Miss Navi, but it could've occurred between just you and the printed picture, not a real man.

Is this a part of some hazing process? :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Navi View Post

I can say that when I fell in love, my experience became instant. I was to be besotted and love sick for the next coming years, and I cannot stress enough that this is entirely true and if you don't believe me you might as well leave now...

From the moment I saw him, I noticed no flaws. He was older than me but I saw past that. He seemed perfect. I looked at his eyes, and my heart sunk my entire body. I looked at his significantly arched eyebrows, his perfectly straight and pointed nose, his lips with their sexy slight kink. I even looked at his slim, slender body and thought it was flawless and so sexy. There was nothing about him that I didn’t fall in love with.
    Sounds more like an infatuation than love to me. Have the two of you at least been out on a date?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not like that. LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I say you were more obsessed with him than loved him. From what your saying you really didn't know him. How could you have loved him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To me you know it's real love when even after a few years you continue to get flutters and 'tummy spasms' (as I like to call them) when ever you're around them
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

I say that's just shyness with a major crush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

There wasnt one particular thing- i fell in love with whole package of him just being him
      It didnt take a certain amount of time..it just crept up on me after a while
      You just know- when you feel it you know.
      Nothing different- it is just a natural thing
    • How long did it last?
      I was with him 3 years before i found out the man i fell in love with was based on lies and deception..so i was in fact, in love with a fraud...love can be great..but it can also be cruel

How old are you navi? It does sound like infatuation to me.

It sounds like she had a helluva time with that picture though, doesn't it?

She'd be great in an LDR. If you sent her a few 'good' pics she'd be sated for a decade or so, not to mention the mind-blowing phone sex and naughty emails

Holy moly. What the? LOL.

I'll answer your questions though.

She was pretty and had a nice personality that just fit what I was looking for.

About a month?

If someone 'better' (smarter, prettier, better personality) came along, I wouldn't have been interested.

I had sex with her.

• How long did it last?

About 3 and a half years and then the relationship itself ended like 7 months later.

That's not love, that's infatuation bordering (or including) obsession. Such emotions are potentially dangerous for you and whoever you are infatuated with. Love is in moderation -- it doesn't remove your sense of independence or ability to think.

Certain qualities in their personality, necessary chemistry, in combination with a comfortable friendship.

I was deeply infatuated with them about the 3 month mark, and was uncertain if it was love for a few months after that. It's nearly a year now, and I believe it's safe to say that I'm in love.

Once the surge of infatuation was over, I still cared for them, drew comfort from their presence, still found them attractive (mentally, emotionally, and sexually), and did not wish to part from them.

I talked to him about them and the relationship progressed.

• How long did it last?

This relationship is current.

"The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen