+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just To Avoid...

Well see that's the difference and me and most people.
    You wouldn't have scared me at all.

A persons genetic make up is not their fault. They shouldn't be treated badly because of stereotypes and assumptions.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I'm out late and some guy approaches me dressed like a thug I assume he actually is a thug and I keep a very close eye on him until he's gone. It would be incredibly stupid to do otherwise.

Likewise, if I see a girl dressed in skimpy clothes and shaking her ass at every guy at the party, I assume she's easy and I assume she's got every STD in the book.

When I encounter people who can't speak proper English I assume they must be stupid and incompetent.

Sure, I'm wrong sometimes. So what? What do I lose? It's not as if there aren't billions of people swarming this rock like a ****ing infestation. If I alienate a few or even a few hundred I've still got plenty more to encounter. It's no skin off my back. If I ignore the stereotypes and the little voice in the back of my head, on the other hand, I stand the chance at getting mugged, catching the clap or listening to some moron who, despite living in an English-speaking country his whole life, can't seem to grasp the language. Until the nukes fall and the human race is reduced to an infinitesimal percentage of its previous population my tolerance levels are going to remain extremely low.
    Last edited by Gribble; 06-11-09 at 12:46 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Don't confuse common sense with stereotype.

If someone APPROACHES YOU then they are stepping into your zone.
    You have every right to defend and protect yourself... in some circumstances this is even protected by law.

Pay attention to what I said. I said it's unfair for someone to be mistreated because of their genetic makeup. In this case I specificly pointed out that women who look a certain way (attractive, pretty) are treated badly due to stereotypes. Pretty girls are snobby, self absorbed and some other assumptions and stereotypes.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is the biggest bull I've ever heard. Pretty girls get away with everything. If they're treated like snobs it's because they are, and they're too conceited to realize it. Can you hardly blame them for becoming snobs when they've got a legion of men drooling over them, laughing at every insipid thing that comes out of their mouths, nodding at everything they say and telling them they're so intelligent and thoughtful?

Please.

Not to say being a pretty girl doesn't come without its own share of difficulties, but that isn't one of them.
    Last edited by Gribble; 06-11-09 at 01:38 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Gribble, the legion of men that are doing those things would hardly fit your definition of 'men'. I certainly don't get very interested when a group of frumpy women are stumbling over themselves to get my attention, I doubt you do either...and I'm sure as nice as the attention is, these guys don't affects their ego very much.

It's all relative.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Please, someone say something to restore the tiny shred of faith I had in humanity. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Surely not. Surely someone else is aware that, with few exceptions, virile, heterosexual men treat beautiful women much differently than they do anyone else. It may not be blatant, but it's there.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

It's there subtly Gribble...just not in the fly on sh*t mode that people make it out to be. That being said, you still don't see legions of men who have alot to offer fawning over a beautiful woman...if she's taken, or enjoys the attention, some men have lots of 'nexts' waiting to move on to.

You'll find the attention pendulum makes a severe adjustment to the other side once the mid 30's role around too.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's my point. Whether it's blatant or it's subtle, it's there. Whether a man has someone else waiting or not, it's there for the moment. Take a casual conversation. Cute girl cracks a lame joke and the man laughs anyway. If anything it's the subtle differences that have the biggest impact.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

I like this thread as a way to avoid hijacking CC. You're as clever as you are beautiful (Gribble, don't listen to that)

You know, it must be strange to possess something so beautifully unique in it's design and wonderfully complex in it's application that no one's ever quite figured it out, even the owner themselves...then one day out of nowhere someone comes along and understands everything about it so perfectly and has the ability to see and discover things they didn't even realize or know existed. That's odd isn't it?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My point exactly...
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Speak for yourself, Primo. Some of us have it figured.

Gribble--of course.

I use feminine 'wiles' ALL the time to get something done. If its a guy, I'm not above using a big, bright smile and pretending to be a bit clueless about something technical. They know it (they aren't dumb), I know it, but it smoothes the way, you know?

Women are different. The way to get something from a woman (for a guy) is to act charming and request help.

Use whatever strengths & tools you have. Stupid not to.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to it soon.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Gribble--of course.

I use feminine 'wiles' ALL the time to get something done. If its a guy, I'm not above using a big, bright smile and pretending to be a bit clueless about something technical. They know it (they aren't dumb), I know it, but it smoothes the way, you know?

Women are different. The way to get something from a woman (for a guy) is to act charming and request help.

i've read stuff about how animals and babies play up the cute thing for survival.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i've read stuff about how animals and babies play up the cute thing for survival.
    off topic: my laptop battery died last night
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

They have a pamphlet for that?

Feminine wiles have a shelf life though, to touch on what Miso said, they don't stay puppies, kittens and babies forever. You have to pick your spots and have the personality to pull it off

That goes 10x over for the one's who get it thrown at them continually on a professional level.

personality is everything. a horrible personality could turn the prettiest person into the ugliest beast and a good personality could turn an ugly person beautiful.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast