+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just To Avoid...

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    off topic: My laptop battery died last night
    lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Please, someone say something to restore the tiny shred of faith I had in humanity. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Surely not. Surely someone else is aware that, with few exceptions, virile, heterosexual men treat beautiful women much differently than they do anyone else. It may not be blatant, but it's there.
    No that's true. I saw beautiful women not only get treated unfairly much better than the others (in work place / social situations) but get away with abysmal things that others would get steamrolled for if they dared to act the same way.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    They have a pamphlet for that?
    I haven't written one. Its easy in theory, subtle in practice. Besides, I delegate this kind of thing.

Yo! Gribble. New writing project for you^.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Get away with abysmal things that others would get steamrolled for if they dared to act the same way.
    Oh, but there is a consequence. It may look like they 'get away with it', but not really. They get labelled as 'bitches', even if noone says it. There are effects of this (noone wants to work with you, less likely to give you 110% effort, etc).

Those women rarely make it past a middle manager position. Managing is not the same as leading. Want to guess the main difference?

(back later)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

my dog kubla (rip)...

he used to scare the hell out of grown men, but he was so sweet and gentle that it made up for his ork face.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    That is the biggest bull I've ever heard. Pretty girls get away with everything. If they're treated like snobs it's because they are, and they're too conceited to realize it. Can you hardly blame them for becoming snobs when they've got a legion of men drooling over them, laughing at every insipid thing that comes out of their mouths, nodding at everything they say and telling them they're so intelligent and thoughtful?

Please.

Not to say being a pretty girl doesn't come without its own share of difficulties, but that isn't one of them.
    Strap on some pumps and get gorgeous. Watch how it all works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Strap on some pumps and get gorgeous. Watch how it all works out for you.
    Every time you mention this I keep on remembering that youtube video you posted in one of your threads. The one with a girl seeing a TV screen with a pretty model and trying to emulate her look, but each time she gets the look right the TV screen moves further out of reach and the model becomes more spectacular looking leaving the girl trying even harder to emulate her. And it never stops, the motion is perpetual meaning that good looks are never good enough and there is always pressure to look better more and more. I understand how frustrating this can be.

I think what Gribble mentioned was more of the outsider perspective on the unfair treatment. For example I was on a bus the other day, two women were standing. One was attractive the other a bit over weight, guess which one was offered a seat? I read this article the other day about a woman seating on a train. She was over weight and occupied two seats and then out of nowhere she was attacked and beaten in full view of every one, the assailant left huge bruises on her face calling her a pig who doesn't deserve to live before escaping. She was beaten because she was over weight and not attractive. If she happened to be attractive, people instead would probably offer her a seat. Seeing or hearing about this kind of treatment is shocking beyond belief. It's things like this that help us form the opinion that attractive people have it much better than the rest.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

The reason this conversation started is because Primo and I both agreed that I was blamed for things I didn't necessarily start up. My experiences in this forum have been good and bad. I've made two good friends and a lot of enemies. With that being a shared observation between us, my only point is that I don't fit into the stereotype but I'm often put into the category.

If someone took the time to get to know someone, learn about their struggles, learn about who they are... you just might see otherwise.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well see that's the difference and me and most people.
    You wouldn't have scared me at all.

A persons genetic make up is not their fault. They shouldn't be treated badly because of stereotypes and assumptions.
    I call bullshit.

Come down to New Orleans and have a nice evening walk down 2nd and Dryades, we'll see how bold you are then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I call bullshit.

Come down to New Orleans and have a nice evening walk down 2nd and Dryades, we'll see how bold you are then.
    I challenge you to go to work with me for one day and you'll see why I wouldn't be intimidated.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I challenge you to go to work with me for one day and you'll see why I wouldn't be intimidated.
    I don't know what you do, but even if you worked in a prison, there's a huge difference between being backed by a bunch of uniforms, and being alone in one of the most violent areas of the city.

And unfortunately for you, despite how color blind and non-judgmental you claim to be (except towards gay people), you don't live in a world that thinks the same was as you do.

I don't claim to be non-judgmental. I just don't believe in mistreating someone because of a stereotype. I don't have anything against gay people, just because I don't agree with gay marriage... those are my beliefs but I don't mistreat people because that's what they believe in; so you have no leg to stand on.

FYI, it would take a lot more than a violent neighborhood to scare the shit out of me. I've seen more shit than you could ever believe.

Hmm... then I don't know what else to tell you.
    As for the messenger thing... add me [email]fashionesse@yahoo.com[/email]
    Got it babe

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    And unfortunately for you, despite how color blind and non-judgmental you claim to be (except towards gay people), you don't live in a world that thinks the same was as you do.
    Fras, I don't think she's being that idealistic. There's a difference between not being intimidated and fearing for your safety.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't claim to be non-judgmental. I just don't believe in mistreating someone because of a stereotype. I don't have anything against gay people, just because I don't agree with gay marriage... those are my beliefs but I don't mistreat people because that's what they believe in; so you have no leg to stand on.

FYI, it would take a lot more than a violent neighborhood to scare the shit out of me. I've seen more shit than you could ever believe.
    You're on a completely different topic than I was arguing.

I've been talking about prejudice, you're talking about discrimination.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast