+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Opinion on Relationship

Opinion on Relationship

I'm a guy and in my mid-20's.

In college, we had a small group of 4-5 friends of guys and girls. Within this group of friends, was this girl that I've always clicked with.

She is cute and highly-sought after by many guys on campus. I am more of your everyday-type of guy (nice, little on the nerdy side, funny, etc). We clicked so well that people used to comment about how perfect of a match we were and how it was so obvious that I liked her. She also always laughed at my comments and jokes. She found me to be funny.

I've known her for a good 4-5 years now.

In college, she asked me out privately once and I said I wasn't ready for a relationship and kindly declined.

Fast-forward 4-5 years.....

She has been dating this older guy which she dislikes and is on the verge of cutting ties with him. She always tells me about how the guy doesn't understand her, she feels insecure about the relationship, the guy is always down, the guy doesn't make her happy but she can make him happy, etc...

I tell her that I am thinking about moving to a different state, and on several different occasions she has mentioned how I should stay around and move closer to her...

I feel like we are both putting effort to get closer to each other, but she is not as fully committed to meeting me half way...She still has feelings for an old boyfriend who (cheated on her....doesnt like her....broke up with her....now has a new girlfriend....and doesn't talk to her anymore). I know that she sees me more than just a friend and likes me because I can make her laugh and we 'click' but I think she is not 100% sure.

All of the past guys she dated have been the bad boy type...muscular... good-looking. Whereas I am more of your everyday, average joe (decent looking tho, i think lol).

I want to tell her my feelings about her but I don't want to jeopardize our relationship

What do you think I should do?
    Last edited by nycsammie209; 07-11-09 at 11:36 AM.

Oh my God! I have to exact same relationship with a friend of mine. I've been clicking with him since we've been going out as groups of 4-5. He's the one I'm most comfortable with! I told him about my feelings once and he turned me down and told me he doesn't feel the same way but I just see something between us! There's this connection and everybody says that we look so good together. WHOA! I too don't know what to do. If you suddenly know, then tell me okay? haha
    love is the best thing in the whole world.