+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Screwed Up Girlfriend's 30th Birthday Party, Please Help!

Screwed Up Girlfriend's 30th Birthday Party, Please Help!

So, my girlfriend and I have been together for two and a half years, and were friends for about two years before that. She turned 30 on July 15th, and she was studying to take the California Bar Exam, so I took her out for a nice dinner on her actual birthday, and we agreed that she would have her party after the bar exam, which ended on July 30th.

She is really into wine, so I was planning on renting a party bus and doing a wine tour with a group of our friends. However, I had to work on the weekends until the middle of September, so I planned to do it towards mid/late September. I had problems getting our group of friends together, and long story short, we never ended up having a party for her.

It's now almost 4 months since she turned 30, and she is still very upset about me not throwing a party for her. All I wanted was to do something really special for her, but I just screwed it up. So, I'm not sure what to do. She says I stole her 30th birthday from her, and I have no idea how to make it up to her.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to make this situation better? I feel like this is something she's not really going to forgive me for. Please help, I feel so awful and I know it really hurt her feelings that she didn't get a party.
    Last edited by richusdlaw; 07-11-09 at 02:04 PM.

Get your butt to work planning a super incredible suprise "half birthday" party on the 6 month mark.

In the mean time I advise much chocolate and cunnilingus.

remind her she is 30 and not 12?

ok I can see why she WAS upset, and assuming you have done other things including apologise/dinners/gift....then I don not see why someone would hold a grudge...