+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about a possible "friend zone" situation

Question about a possible "friend zone" situation

I have been hanging out with this girl lately. I work with her. We talk a lot. She usually initiates the conversation. She always asks me how I think she looks. There is touching (holding hands a little, but mainly hitting). I have never hung out with her outside of a group setting, which worries me. She either says we are good friends or going to be good friends, which also worries me. She said I was good-looking and that she would date me, but that it would be weird because we are good friends. I have a feeling that I am in friend zone (that doesn't necessarily bother me), but I want a second opinion. Am I in the "friend zone" for sure or is there any reason at all to pursue her as more than a friend?

oh man im in a situation kinda like yours cause it involves a coworker...but i think this chick probably is interested in you...ie shes always complimenting you....is playful..meaning shes totally comfortable around you....she hinted that she would consider dating you...which is a good signn...sooo i think you should go for it

i was in a situation like you before. unlucky for me it wasn't a good outcome. this girl probably likes you since she seems interested. give it a go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]so you lost a limb but hell, you will heal in time.

iunno.. the whole 'i would date u but we are good friends'.. thats just not something you say to a guy your interested in if your a chick.

Although i dont think ur locked in there permanently, i think ur there at the moment. get out now before its too late (whether that means not talking to her or banging her).

I got this all backwards. She was in my position and I was actually in hers. She thought I was sending friend vibes, so SHE tried to move one from ME... I just blatantly told her I liked her. We are "dating", not in a relationship, but "dating." Is testing the waters a better term?
    Last edited by TH3SPUS; 09-11-09 at 11:08 AM.

sweet, way to man up. 'Seeing each other' is a good term as well lol

lol seeing each other works well too

Well not all is well... She liked me two weeks ago, but she thought I didn't like her so over the past week she has gotten over me... You can get put in friend zone that fast? It's literally been two weeks since she supposedly stopped liking me. Can someone really get over someone that fast? She said she would go on a date to give me a chance, but deep down I know I'm screwed.
    Last edited by TH3SPUS; 09-11-09 at 12:31 PM.

This situation keeps getting more and more interesting... So I talk to her about it in person... She won't say that she doesn't like me anymore, but she won't say that she does. She said that she would go on a date with me and see what happens, but that she can't date me because her best friend likes me. I have no clue as to what is going on anymore, or how to take any of this in... Could someone please help me?

im new to here and i have to say ive been in ur situation not once but twice, if u really like her, initiate just taking her out on a date, tell her that her friend is cool and all but you dont want someone thats not you, u have to be quick and direct with these things! i learned that the hard way

Yeah that's pretty much what I just did... I told her I liked her and that I'm not sure dating her friend would take the feelings away. If anything it would hurt their friendship...

okay #1 dont start flip flopping between chicks. Thats just trouble in the making, and even if it works out in the short term, it will get you in the long run if u ever get in a fight (EX: i was ur 2nd choice behind 'friend').

Girls are fairly tight, so if she won't say your dating each other, because of it, that might be hard to get around initially but it could also potentially work itself out. But the thing that sticks out to me is she still said she would on a date with you, which is interesting because she didnt shoot you down with a 'no'.

Just take that for now, do something w her and see where that goes.

Yeah, I initially thought that was a positive, but she is acting weird around me. Her friend really likes me and she says that she stopped liking me because of that. I don't know see her friend as anything more than a friend. I'm just going to stay single and date neither one of them. I don't want to get involved in a love triangle of any sort. I would rather have two girls for friends than lose both of them as friends.