+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 2 month anniversary.

2 month anniversary.

Well, not really a real anniversary. But its still something.

Possibly taking her out for dinner. Anything else I could do for her that she would enjoy?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's sweet you recognize monthly dates, but really, don't overdo it. When you get around to the REAL anniversary, her expectations will be ridiculously high. Dinner alone is fine, along with you being pleasant company. Basically, any sort of date you might have gone on ANYWAY is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think it's sweet you recognize monthly dates, but really, don't overdo it. When you get around to the REAL anniversary, her expectations will be ridiculously high. Dinner alone is fine, along with you being pleasant company. Basically, any sort of date you might have gone on ANYWAY is enough.
    Good point. Just dinner or a movie or something sounds good.

i just celebrating my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend and thats all we do is go out to dinner which is fine with me too. Just nice being together is all i care about.
    I Love Rich 11.6.06

Wtf all I get on our yearly anniversary's is a nod and a "yup... one year.."

If i were you I wouldn't do anything more than acknowledge it because when it comes to the bigger anniversary's they're going to be expecting something more and more.

I think in addition to what you already have planned, a nice card expressing your feelings after 2 months would be really sweet. I think that's really special.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Wtf all I get on our yearly anniversary's is a nod and a "yup... one year.."

If i were you I wouldn't do anything more than acknowledge it because when it comes to the bigger anniversary's they're going to be expecting something more and more.
    Fully agreed.

I think that monthly "anniversaries" are irrational. They're extremely unnecessary. Real anniversaries are also unnecessary, but they're more understandable than monthly acknowledgement with such focus of a high order of magnitude.

They're called "anniversaries" for a reason. They are to be held annually. You guys are probably going to break up soon anyway.

Give up the act.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    QuanSai, I think you're my favorite new poster.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    QuanSai,somomne dumped You recently?
    And Gribble,go get a girl cause You sound like 'The eternal single'

I think it's sweet to 'celebrate' monthly anniversary but just during the first year But also not celebrate like doing a dinner bla bla bla. But just to say 'wow we're just x months and I feel like it's been forever ' or 'happy x month anniv' is just sweet
    My bf and I use to say such things every 9th of the month Yesterday it was 10 months We do not celebrate it very much or even at all.Sometimes we even forget about that,and one of us remind the other about it few days later If we're together at that time, we go out to have a drink or something. But it's nothing special since we use to go out without any occasion .I guess we won't celebrate the 1st year anniversary that much either. Since it's just after new years eve ,the only one thing we try to do is to be together at that time since we're kinda in a LDR .I say kinda cause we see each other more often than some normal couples but whatever

OP, do something sweet but nothing big Imagine,if You plan to stay with her long , You will have enough occasions to celebrate it in a big way
    I wazzzz here

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    That's my dream.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol...2 month anniversary...LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    QuanSai,somomne dumped You recently?

I think it's sweet to 'celebrate' monthly anniversary but just during the first year But also not celebrate like doing a dinner bla bla bla. But just to say 'wow we're just x months and I feel like it's been forever ' or 'happy x month anniv' is just sweet
    My bf and I use to say such things every 9th of the month Yesterday it was 10 months We do not celebrate it very much or even at all.Sometimes we even forget about that,and one of us remind the other about it few days later If we're together at that time, we go out to have a drink or something. But it's nothing special since we use to go out without any occasion .I guess we won't celebrate the 1st year anniversary that much either. Since it's just after new years eve ,the only one thing we try to do is to be together at that time since we're kinda in a LDR .I say kinda cause we see each other more often than some normal couples but whatever

OP, do something sweet but nothing big Imagine,if You plan to stay with her long , You will have enough occasions to celebrate it in a big way
    Don't insult me. I don't appreciate it one bit.