+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Coming out of the Closet?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well i have friends that are twin guys..one is gay and one is absolutely straight.

Wow. I just realized, I know two twins that are in the same boat, knew them forever. One just recently came out... his twin brother pretty much knew for a long time though. Further solidifying my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Initials View Post
    Disclaimer: This post may be aggressive. If you continue reading, do so with that knowledge.

---

Guys, I'm going to ask you something. You act like you know more than me. What research have you done?

I've got research papers, books, documentaries, hundreds of web pages, medical journals, statistics, court cases, debates, personal accounts, and personal experience. Easily over 100 hours I've spent on this.

I can safely say that none of you have even put in 1/10th of the effort I have into this. And yet, what is this? You somehow think that you know something I don't. You think I haven't examined this already from every angle conceivable.

To be honest, I don't care whatsoever about this word you keep using. "Acceptance". The world can hate me. Sure, acceptance would be nice. But I don't have any delusions that it exists anywhere. What I want is a place where I can live in peace. rather than fear. There are places in the world like that.

Family is somewhat of an exception. I want them to at least know. If they refuse to accept it, I can't stop that. But I don't think they will refuse. It might take some time, but I don't think they will refuse.

Now, I could answer the questions you've asked me. Why should I? You guys haven't even attempted the first step towards understanding. The only reason I ever debated the issue in the first place was to prove to myself I could. That my position was logically tenable. I did that.

I would talk with you even now about it. But, not in this topic, and not before you make an effort. You want me to talk with me? Prove you deserve it. Private message me. I'll consider that step one. A slight effort on your part to show you care even just a little bit about the issue before I continue.

What more needs to be said? The ball is in your court.

Initials, this was Aeradalia's point, people aren't going to even want to try to understand, so you can quit telling everyone that they don't know anything about it....because no-one gives a damn about finding out. Look at the discussion on mini-skirts...I mean do you see our different perceptions of people when we see them dress outside of what we think is respectable?

Why, why would you want to add to your heartache by outing yourself? at home, to us on this anonymous forum you are safe to acknowledge and accept what your orientation is, but your talking like people HAVE to and SHOULD accept it too......you are intelligent enough to know that this is not how society works.

I can't imagine what would happen if you came out to your family, I'm pretty sure it woulld take them a long while before they could accept it, if they could even accept it at all.

As for others, you will isolate yourself so much, people will report you, you will be investigated , poked and proded, and scrutinized.

the more you read up, the more your convinced it is ok to be what you are. But the people do not give a damn, and you know it. POleas edon't put yourself in suh a horrid position. The only time where I would tell you to consider coming out is a) when you thought you were ready to have physical encounters with a canine, and b) if you lived where it is not illiegal.

o he's been banned....

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    o he's been banned....
    Bravo BB! Great reflex
    I wazzzz here

yeah...teach me to skip thread content ..pft...

Quote Originally Posted by Initials View Post
    You want me to talk with me? Prove you deserve it. Private message me. I'll consider that step one.
    You want people to prove to you that they deserve giving you an advice?

You don't think that's a little bit condescending?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Who banned Initials?
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah, why did he get banned?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought it a little harsh...i dont think he was trolling..just being honest about his zoophilia

It's not like he just signed up. He's been on the boards for a little bit now. Contributing to threads other than this one.

Hard to think that he was a troll...

Initials impressed me as an intelligent and polite fellow-- more intelligent and far more polite than the average internet conversationalist.

And I can't see any "troll" about him. He wrote around 80 posts, and nearly all of them before this thread were well-written, thoughtful, and non-aggressive-- which is pretty much the opposite of what you'd expect from a troll.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Obviously touched a nerve with a mod...

Dammit... I leave for a day and someone gets banned for being a zoophile?

I can understand his frustrations (hypothetically anyway -- being bisexual in a podunk town is difficult enough) and how he felt threatened by everyone here (even if this really wasn't the case).

It's no fun feeling like you're the odd-thing in a game of "which one of these is not like the others." Hell, being bisexual growing up was bad enough. I remember being beaten by boys and girls alike -- and that was for a 'weirdness' that's more or less finding acceptance in society. I can only imagine how horrible it must be to have a paraphilia that is just about universally unacceptable.

Initials has my deepest sympathies... I just wish he could've been a little better prepared for his "trial-run" on this forum, because real-life will be 10 times worse. He's going to need one hell of a thick skin if he's ever going to survive the onslaught he seems so hellbent on bringing on himself.

Btw... who did ban him? Just curious...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Dammit... I leave for a day and someone gets banned for being a zoophile?

I can understand his frustrations (hypothetically anyway -- being bisexual in a podunk town is difficult enough) and how he felt threatened by everyone here (even if this really wasn't the case).

It's no fun feeling like you're the odd-thing in a game of "which one of these is not like the others." Hell, being bisexual growing up was bad enough. I remember being beaten by boys and girls alike -- and that was for a 'weirdness' that's more or less finding acceptance in society. I can only imagine how horrible it must be to have a paraphilia that is just about universally unacceptable.

Initials has my deepest sympathies... I just wish he could've been a little better prepared for his "trial-run" on this forum, because real-life will be 10 times worse. He's going to need one hell of a thick skin if he's ever going to survive the onslaught he seems so hellbent on bringing on himself.

Btw... who did ban him? Just curious...
    I was going to write a little something to Initials before he fell off the face of the earth. Perhaps it's still useful.

Initials needs to realize that his "orientation" is exceptionally bothersome to people not only because of "moral" objections, but also because to most people sexual attraction to something other than another human is literally unthinkable; there simply isn't a mental resource that lets "normal" people imagine themselves in a zoophile's place in the way that they can imagine themselves in a homosexual's or bisexual's place.

His problem in seeking "understanding" is that the human mind is not built to understand that.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast