+ Follow This Topic

Thread: crush kissed me right before college...

crush kissed me right before college...

So, there is a boy, I had a crush on him for about a year (senior year of high school), and through word of mouth, he found out. We then had weird flirty moments frequently and he sat next to me in class, we were pretty good friends and he invited me to all his parties and shindigs. We would also have really in depth talks... he told me many secrets of his past that he never told anyone else before and well, that was that for the rest of our senior year of high school. I figured it was hopeless and I gave up on him because he and one of my good friends hooked up for a summer fling. So I just decided that nothing would happen. He never liked me and never would. He even would extensively describe to me how much he loved this girl that we were both friends with. I knew that I was the friend, and not the girlfriend material. It was over for me

Until one day out of the blue, three days before he went off to college, he called me up, and asked to hang out. It ended up being more than just hanging out -- it was intense date status. We talked for about 5 hours at various locations throughout our city, until we finished the night in a deserted park. He told me him and the girl broke off their fling, and they weren't right for eachother, and he told me he regretted not being with me this year, and now we were going off to college and I would be one of the only people he would miss. So we cuddled for a while, looking at the stars, and we shared what was my first kiss.

And I don't know what I was expecting, but we made plans to hang out the next day, when he was free from working... I excitedly got ready the next night until an phone call from him stopped me in my tracks. He told me he couldn't hang out for whatever reason and that he wouldn't be able the next day either, and that that night under the stars was the last we would ever share. He ended it before it could even begin.

And he hasn't talked to me since... it's been two months.

He apologized through a text, a few weeks later, and I said thank you, and we chatted about how our college experiences were going, and that was that.

I understand that a long distance relationship wouldn't work, and that this was his sort of goodbye to me -- but what does this sound like to you, guys? Is this a normal thing for a guy to do? I honestly can't stop thinking about it and his motivations. I know he's not a bad guy, but was he seriously lying to me that whole time? What was the whole point to the entire night??

I'm really sorry this is so long, and kudos to anyone who reads it and... much more to those that respond... but I'd appreciate it because it's a weird complicated affair, and I miss him and am still really confused. I need to know what I should do...

don't get too confused over it... you both are young and just entered the college realm.

You might regard this as a big chapter in your life... but soon you will find out, that college and highschool are completely different. Things will change for the better. This whole incident will seem like a mere page in an endless novel in short time I promise... the universe just has a different plan for both of you.

As for -why- he did this, I can't really answer since I don't know either of you. He might have been confused himself. Or simply he spent a night with you, and in the end didn't feel the spark or connection. A lot more common then you think.

Best of luck

I dont think he did this to see how far he could get with you before he left or anything like that. I just think he wanted to do something special for you before he left. As far as not being able to see you after the date he might have just wanted to end it at that because he didnt want you guys to get really attached to each other.
    You guys have parted ways now and maybe youll meet up again later but dont try any long distance relationships, he wants to experience college to the fullest and you should too.